Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chey Dunkley

• Cedric Kipre

• Nick Powell

• Total voters
Darron Gibson should be up there for showing us all that if he is good enough to be a professional footballer then we may still all be good enough to fulfil our own dreams of playing at the top level.

But hands down Reece James as the winner - anyone who thinks he’s not our best player this season is entitled to their ridiculous, nonsensical and stone cold wrong opinion though.

Gibson reminds me of someones out of shape dad joining in with his kids mates for a kick about to make up the numbers - can't run anymore so just just wonders round in the middle while the kids play around him.

Can’t not have Powell in the top three. It’s his form in those first two months and his goals/assists that are why we’re not already down.

I see one person has voted “someone else”. I’m assuming that was from our resident dog botherer voting for his illegitimate son!

I would've had Powell next, but went with Massey as i think he's had a higher percentage of good games to starts than Powell. Nick is undoubtedly our best player on his day but his day has been so few and far between even when he's not been out injured. I think to be fair a lot of that is down to us playing him when he's not fit.

Anyone notice Powells done a few interviews reccently and in everyone of them there are no questions about his new contract. It's a non starter that the interviewers don't want to ask him that but they must be told in advance not to go anywhere near that topic - if there was any hope of him signing i don't think there would be any issue asking him. Nixon said he was gone months ago and i know the club keep saying 'talks are on going' but it looks like we are trying to not upset the fans when the moral is already low and they don't want the fans getting on his back if they knew he's on his way for certain. I'd be stunned if he renewed his contract.

I
Anyone notice Powells done a few interviews reccently and in everyone of them there are no questions about his new contract. .

Is there any point asking until we know which division we will be in next year. Nick Powell won't want to drop to league one at this stage in his career and who could blame him for leaving if we did drop, but similarly if we stay up who's to say he won't then consider a new contract with us, as well as considering any other offers on the table. I certainly wouldn't make such a crucial decision at this late stage until all the variables were known.

I get your point about it seeming significant that journalists "appear" to be avoiding the subject, but maybe they already know that Nick cant / won't commit until the end of the season anyway.

Is there any point asking until we know which division we will be in next year. Nick Powell won't want to drop to league one at this stage in his career and who could blame him for leaving if we did drop, but similarly if we stay up who's to say he won't then consider a new contract with us, as well as considering any other offers on the table. I certainly wouldn't make such a crucial decision at this late stage until all the variables were known.

I get your point about it seeming significant that journalists "appear" to be avoiding the subject, but maybe they already know that Nick cant / won't commit until the end of the season anyway.

As a journalist you ask the question though, unless they've been told it's conditional to get the interview they would put it to Nick and let him tell us 'talks are ongoing' 'i just want to concentrate on keeping us up and then we'll look at it at the end of the season' all of the cliche things people say - if there was any chance of him staying i can't see why he wouldn't say that type of thing. The fact that Nick seemingly wont even do that suggests he doesn't even want to pretend there's a chance.

If he gave a non commital answer it wouldn't be something you could bank on, but the fact he wont ever give any answer suggests it's a non starter.

I've got no problem with Powell wanting to go - it's the way of football, and i understand the club don't want to drop him in it and are most likely just trying to keep the bad news under wraps until the summer - it makes sense. But i just hope no one is getting their hopes up he could be staying.

Who, to be fair, has generally been decent .............. especially as he hasn't been playing at full back for the majority of the season.

He's been okay at fullback, but he certainly hasnt been decent when played in midfield. He certainly isn't player of the season either.

Who, to be fair, has generally been decent .............. especially as he hasn't been playing at full back for the majority of the season.

Yeah I agree but given that he has been fairly average throughout most of the season (whether this is his fault or not is irrelevant) I think it's very difficult to make a justification for his being 'Player of the Year'. I voted for James, after which I would choose Powell, Morsy and Massey in that order.

King, if I had to guess who the player was, just going off some other posts that I've seen from Adgjlzcbm I would assume it's Nathan Byrne that was voted for. May be wrong here though.

I think he would be more inclined to vote for Shaun Edwards.:finger:

King, if I had to guess who the player was, just going off some other posts that I've seen from Adgjlzcbm I would assume it's Nathan Byrne that was voted for. May be wrong here though.

Good shout on Byrne I forgot about him to be honest. I think he's been very good at right back but his long disasterous spell in midfield unfortunately does make it hard to say he's had a great season overall.

Dunkley has shown signs he could be a good player but he's got to find more consistency and Jones would be a contender if it wasn't for those long shots.

100% correct. Why Nathan? He's our player. Best at right back - great going forward & beating his man cutting in. Good at defending. (James is wasted at right back - better in midfield.)

100% correct. Why Nathan? He's our player. Best at right back - great going forward & beating his man cutting in. Good at defending. (James is wasted at right back - better in midfield.)

Fair enough mate. Byrne's one of my favourite players as well but I just think he's been misused this season.