View From Boro | Vital Football

View From Boro

Fair play to them. No sour grapes, they accept the better team won and just want to get on with the rest of their season.

A lot more humble than the delusional Forest twats.

They would d*ck Spurs, that’s for sure.”

there you go @ayamonte show that to mr spurs, it would be nice if you could film his reaction and put it up on the shouldn’t laugh thread

really got our moneys worth tonight I think Roy enjoyed collating this one

nobody hiding behind rose coloured glasses there all quite honest and a bit of blades humour thrown it at the end

very enjoyable read

"That is on Wilders shoulders and as much as he deserves praise for the things he has got right you can’t play modern day football with one game plan"
Yes, we know

We should have just played them when we had the COVID 19 outbreak. “

Not that important now :p

Very fair comments oon the whole. Thought it would be much more controversial TBH

I don't know where that idiot gets the most physical (dirty) side in the league from. Connolly fell over if somebody looked at him. They had 3 booked to our 2 and Peltier should have walked.
I was surprised how easy they went down, it's not something that you'd normally associate with a Wilder/ Knill team is it? I can only assume that it was part of their game plan especially if they've seen videos of other teams coming to the Lane and conning the ref.

This a 'view from' Football League World- SUFC the long ball team!
Words in bold highlighted by me.
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3...fTmAQKCdP-7E8-toRVKlDNywEsh9OER63rIczE2eq2KE#

Despite a 4-1 win over their opponents last night, Sheffield United actually had less possession than Middlesbrough with only 45%. However, they were able to boast 12 shots with five being on target.
The most possession they’ve had in their last five games has been 61% but that was a game they lost 1-0 to Millwall. Despite having three shots on target during that game, they were not able to score any of them and came away with nothing.
Yet in the Blades’ 4-0 win against Swansea last month, they had a staggering 38% possession yet were able to register 12 shots again with half of them on target.
Although this may not be the most attractive style of football with lots of long balls and playing it in the air, you have to commend Sheffield United for the way they are able to make sure when they do have the ball they use it effectively.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3...fTmAQKCdP-7E8-toRVKlDNywEsh9OER63rIczE2eq2KE#

Despite a 4-1 win over their opponents last night, Sheffield United actually had less possession than Middlesbrough with only 45%. However, they were able to boast 12 shots with five being on target.
The most possession they’ve had in their last five games has been 61% but that was a game they lost 1-0 to Millwall. Despite having three shots on target during that game, they were not able to score any of them and came away with nothing.
Yet in the Blades’ 4-0 win against Swansea last month, they had a staggering 38% possession yet were able to register 12 shots again with half of them on target.
Although this may not be the most attractive style of football with lots of long balls and playing it in the air, you have to commend Sheffield United for the way they are able to make sure when they do have the ball they use it effectively.
That's such a load of crap isn't it? We've definitely had to mix up our play more since we lost so many key players, up until a few weeks ago we had the 3rd highest possession stats in the league but as for long ball? The long ball game is mainly about having big strong and fast players and passing into zones. We're anything but big and strong and we're not that fast especially when compared to the likes of Jones for Boro. When we're on our game we always try to play one touch football to feet.

Some of the football we played last night was breathtaking. These comments remind me of the negative ones we got when we first went up to the PL under Wilder and were beating everybody while playing good passing football. No-marks who've hardly ever seen us or have an axe to grind spouting bolllocks basically. They probably think Warnock is still at the helm.

That's such a load of crap isn't it? We've definitely had to mix up our play more since we lost so many key players, up until a few weeks ago we had the 3rd highest possession stats in the league but as for long ball? The long ball game is mainly about having big strong and fast players and passing into zones. We're anything but big and strong and we're not that fast especially when compared to the likes of Jones for Boro. When we're on our game we always try to play one touch football to feet.

Some of the football we played last night was breathtaking. These comments remind me of the negative ones we got when we first went up to the PL under Wilder and were beating everybody while playing good passing football. No-marks who've hardly ever seen us or have an axe to grind spouting bolllocks basically. They probably think Warnock is still at the helm.
Yes.it leapt out of the page for me.Someone penning a piece that's probably never actually seen us play.I'd say we've evolved from CW's ultra cautious tippy tappy shell he bunkered us down into at the end and added some zip and speed to moving the ball around.
I recall mentioning it when Hecky had been in charge for a couple of games this season. Had MGW converted that one on one the one touch flick ons leading up to it would have been talked about for years.
If we could keep up the intensity and press shown last night for the next 11 we'll be well on the way.

Carla Who? Who gives these clowns space to right such crap?

I don't know where that idiot gets the most physical (dirty) side in the league from. Connolly fell over if somebody looked at him. They had 3 booked to our 2 and Peltier should have walked.
I said to the bloke sat near me i was surprised how easy they went to ground,we never did when Chris was our gaffer.That Connolly was embarrassing the way he was diving all the game.The ref was another poor one,i've said before the standard of refs is the worst i can remember in all my years following DEM MIGHTY BLADES. UTB

We did play a few balls over the top for the likes of NGW to chase but it wasn't on every attack. Not enough to suggest we are a long ball team, especially with the majority of players under 6 foot

We did play a few balls over the top for the likes of NGW to chase but it wasn't on every attack. Not enough to suggest we are a long ball team, especially with the majority of players under 6 foot
I reckon every team in the world use the long ball at times BfL-even Man City- but then it's classed as a wonder pass. eg some of Ederson's clearances
All about perception- and snobbery.

I reckon every team in the world use the long ball at times BfL-even Man City- but then it's classed as a wonder pass. eg some of Ederson's clearances
All about perception- and snobbery.

Remember Benetez at Liverpool always called it a long pass

MAN city who im watching now play from back to front in the air when its on, they play through the thirds when the pattern of play dictates that ,they mix it up ,liverpool mix it up ,sheffield united mix it up. its the modern way now.