Verts Hurt. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Verts Hurt.

I agree with the earlier point that a blood or head injury should be treated the same way as in rugby with a free stand-in. In rugby there is a stat that 15 against 14 players (i.e. a sin bin for 10 mins) results in 7 to 10 points to the team with 15. Whilst football isn't as extreme, you can see why no player would want to leave the pitch in either sport so they need protecting. I would go as far as saying play doesn't continue until that stand in is on and there should be a statutory time before a player with a head injury can return.

Watching on TV.......

After the incident, Jan eventually came off the pitch and left next to the goalposts after a length of time. We were down to 10 men and he managed to get back round to the dugouts. He had to change his shorts as well and was spotted down the tunnel out of view (being shielded for his vanity even though the cameras caught him) so he could get back on. I would ask the question does this strike you as someone that isn't compos mentis at that point in time?

For me, whatever hit him happened after that. That's when you could see he was genuinely in trouble, perhaps due to loss of blood and bringing on feinting etc. When Poch grabbed him and the life had gone out of his legs it looked like something you see in boxing. Glad he's OK, but clearly shows that no risk should be taken with a risk of a delayed reaction happening.

Bottom line = the assessment for concussion at the time was correct; there wasn;t any.

He 'almost' fainted, most probably from blood loss - although you need to lose quite a bit to normally feel feint/pass out, some people the actual volume/percentage lost on a very short time can led to nausea and /or feeling faint/unsteady; which seems to have happened with him.

So based on the visual evidence before us, it does look like that now they'll have to look at how they manage that possibility after a head trauma that causes blood loss...

The opposite of Vert is:.....Does anyone remember Butcher?