Vacancy | Vital Football

Vacancy

Does A vacancy exist for a full time premiership striker in the Norwich City Football Club 1st team

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
We desperately need a quality striker , but are our poverty stricken unambitious Board going to buy one ? I very much doubt it
We so need another forward, but the noises are that the forwards we have are the ones DW is happy to go with. It sounds horrible but the only thing I think that would change that is an injury to Idah.

Last season goals were needed and so far I don't see that being addressed - Idah, Sargent, Kamara and Barnes don't come across as dangerous forwards. The other noises are that DW will look to attacking wingers to score the goals, but we have Onel, Placheta, Tzolis, Rowe, Springett who again haven't been massive goal scorers, so unless something massive has changed in these guys I expect the same issue next season

We desperately need a quality striker , but are our poverty stricken unambitious Board going to buy one ? I very much doubt it

Given that at the 30/6/22 we had £66m in loans (I think the money was supplied by MA.) and we then had another £10m in for C Prefs. during the autumn; I think one board member has certainly opened his cheque book!

I doubt we will spend money on another striker when we need
at least one DM, a left sided CB and a proper left back (not a wing back).

Its awfully quiet transfer news wise even gossip - would have thought with only 3 weeks to go until the start of the season there'd be more - are most teams going with what they've got?

Its awfully quiet transfer news wise even gossip - would have thought with only 3 weeks to go until the start of the season there'd be more - are most teams going with what they've got?
I was thinking the same today. Haven't heard anything for a while now. DW said the squad would look different by start of the season. We still haven't sold anyone to get some money in to buy anyone. It's feeling like that first season under DF in the premiership where we just spend a few quid on youth and byram