V. the nouvelle huns | Vital Football

V. the nouvelle huns

YYYAAASSSS! Dembele takes on two on the box and chips in the second! 2-0! He looked like Brima on that one.

Well, a scrappy first half finally opened up after about 25 minutes. We've had the bulk of possession and more chances. Dembele converts a pair. Let our guard down and gave them a chance. 2-1.

Mon the hoops!

Hey Welch! Apologies I wasn't online for the game, I was only just back from holiday as you may have seen from Facebook! Haha! I sat and enjoyed it though! What a cracking game and a cracking performance from us! I don't think I could really fault anyone in that game.

Bitton is starting to get better and back to what we expect from him, still wants a little too much time on the ball at times but in general he's looking much better now!
Rogic was phenomenal! No surprise he went off early after being away and playing 2 games on international duty with Australia.
Dembele was obviously brilliant as well, a perfect hat-trick!
I thought Forrest had a good game as well, tracked back well to cover the forward runs of Wallace!
We hadn't seen Armstrong play for about a month before he replaced Rogic and obviously his performances had been very up and down but he came on and did well, got himself a goal. He's going to be used in a different position now that Sinclair is in the team and with Forrest and Roberts also available on the wings, we don't need to use Armstrong there which I think is good because it's not going to be his best position and work right in BRs system. He doesn't have the out and out pace or skill to make it work. With our failure to get someone else in to battle Rogic, I think that will likely be Armstrong's spot in the team when he does play.

Armstrong will be good in league games in that attacking central midfield position. He lacks the pace to play that role in Europe. I still prefer Roberts on the right over Forrest. Roberts has more skill and is a better passer. Forrest is great running at goal, though.

Armstrong is quicker than Rogic, but lacks the footwork, balance and strength of Rogic in that position. So it really depends what you're up against. Certainly think he's better off playing in that hole, in domestic games or European rather than being out on the wing.

I think Forrest gives you a little more defensively now than Roberts will, Forrest has more pace than Roberts but Roberts' skill and final ball is probably a lot better. Roberts is still working back to full fitness though.

G'day Gents. Pretty much same lineup as last game versus the huns. It's:

Lustig----Simunovic---Sviatchenko----Tierney
------------Brown----Bitton------------------
Forrest-----Rogic-------Sinclair------
---Dembele-----------

I'd like to see more of Roberts and Griffiths. I fear we're getting predictable. But Hail Hail! Let's pump those huns!

0-0 at the half. Scrappy play. We had the bulk of possession but not enough clear chances. They are bottling up the middle so we need to get more up the flanks.

Whew! Well that was a bit nervy but a deserved win that should have been 2-0 and could have been worse. The Sevco keeper was quite good. Hats off to him. But we were the much better side. Brown is MOTM for me. He was terrific. Griffiths links up to feed Dembele for the winner.. Maybe we should play them both more often. Hail Hail!

Latest Celtic News