Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 105 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Going back to the USA riots;

Anyone remember Kyle Rittenhouse? Splashed all over CNN, ABC, MSNBC etc etc

Where's the same coverage of news on Matt Dolloff?

Who, you may ask......Exactly!

Never heard of Matt Dolloff, had a google of him there. Unbelievably it appears to be caught on camera.

At face value, Dolloff is a murderer too but I need more facts I am not sure getting sprayed with mace is a credible threat to your life. The only difference is Rittenhouse went out looking for trouble and the other guy appears to have found trouble. Both are probably 2nd degree, maybe manslaughter for Dolloff but Rittenhouse has elements of premeditated.

What nobody wants to hear is the extreme of the situation and emotions involved I think there is a case for leniency for both. Maybe you take Rittenhouse's age into account but I would definitely be charging him with domestic terrorism too.

Never heard of Matt Dolloff, had a google of him there. Unbelievably it appears to be caught on camera.

At face value, Dolloff is a murderer too but I need more facts I am not sure getting sprayed with mace is a credible threat to your life. The only difference is Rittenhouse went out looking for trouble and the other guy appears to have found trouble. Both are probably 2nd degree, maybe manslaughter for Dolloff but Rittenhouse has elements of premeditated.

What nobody wants to hear is the extreme of the situation and emotions involved I think there is a case for leniency for both. Maybe you take Rittenhouse's age into account but I would definitely be charging him with domestic terrorism too.

Do you meet many Americans who would openly support Rittenhouse?

Only on twitter and some media I consume, I live in NYC so naturally, I mostly encounter mostly liberal people like myself.

Only on twitter and some media I consume, I live in NYC so naturally, I mostly encounter mostly liberal people like myself.

I saw something about the link between private property and gun ownership in the US. Basically, the Spanish claimed to own California but never really had it under control because the Spanish didn't allow civilians to carry guns. Spanish settlers in California were easy pickings for the natives. America allowed gun ownership and actively encouraged it so that settlers could defend themselves and their property. That's why modern Americans go on about defending their property when asked about gun rights. I'd imagine that many Americans don't have a problem with Rittenhouse defending other people's property with an assault rifle. Isn't that what you are supposed to do with your gun?

Isn't that what you are supposed to do with your gun?

I don't know, I've always heard the gun ownership thing was so the people could overthrown the Government if they were not acting in the interests of the country. Supposedly it was enacted when the furthest you could fire a weapon was about the distance from the gates of the Whitehouse to the front door.

My counter to that idea is simple, are a bunch of rednecks with a handful of lads with military training going to overcome the greatest standing army the world has ever known? No chance. You could put every single fucker that owns a gun into a big oul army, give them a few tanks too for laughs and they'll still get obliterated by a handful of fully equipped platoons.

They're well beyond the point of no return, it makes me feel like we should have one. The metal baseball bat under the bed might not cut it :LOL:

The only difference between the two is that one fits the media narrative and one doesn't. Thousands, if not millions of examples of this extreme and frankly dangerous bias throughout the US media. It's all about the political agenda. Look at the coverage of the shootings. If the media can attach "white supremacy" or other type of extreme right wing agenda then the coverage and "calls for change" will be incessant. If however the reverse is true then the coverage will quickly be suppressed and fade.

It was the same for me when I lived in NYC and the northeast. When I moved to the middle of the country and the southwest I see a completely different mentality overall. Despite what the media want you to believe, outside of the big cities is not populated with a "bunch of rednecks" but actually many many good honest hard working people. When my exposure was limited to the mainstream media and google my perspective was not a true reflection. Disparaging, yet commonly accepted phrases such as "flyover country" and stereotyping of all non-city dwellers, referring to everyone outside of the coastal states as being uneducated, is what causes much of the division in the country. It's why so many absolutely despise the media.

Now that Joe Biden is in place, watch how quickly the (coverage of) riots and protests fade. Nothing has changed, but the media are happy now.

Disparaging, yet commonly accepted phrases such as "flyover country" and stereotyping of all non-city dwellers, referring to everyone outside of the coastal states as being uneducated, is what causes much of the division in the country.

Not much different to being Brummies then.

Perhaps the reason why these people resonate with me Gillette....

Sorry mate but they don't resonate with me.
No decent person can follow Trump. Even if every conspiracy theory about Biden etc were true I would still take him instead of Trump.

The only difference between the two is that one fits the media narrative and one doesn't. Thousands, if not millions of examples of this extreme and frankly dangerous bias throughout the US media. It's all about the political agenda. Look at the coverage of the shootings. If the media can attach "white supremacy" or other type of extreme right wing agenda then the coverage and "calls for change" will be incessant. If however the reverse is true then the coverage will quickly be suppressed and fade.

What is the reverse of white supremacy?

No decent person can follow Trump. Even if every conspiracy theory about Biden etc were true I would still take him instead of Trump.

70m Americans voted for Trump. A great many of them are conservative American voters who would have voted for the Republican candidate regardless of who that is. I don't agree with conservative ideology but to say that they are not decent people is insulting and wrong.

Trump is a toxic person and a disgusting human being but if were a conservative American, would you vote for the wrong guy supporting the right ideas (from their point of view) or the wrong guy supporting the wrong ideas?

70m Americans voted for Trump. A great many of them are conservative American voters who would have voted for the Republican candidate regardless of who that is. I don't agree with conservative ideology but to say that they are not decent people is insulting and wrong.

Trump is a toxic person and a disgusting human being but if were a conservative American, would you vote for the wrong guy supporting the right ideas (from their point of view) or the wrong guy supporting the wrong ideas?

"No decent person can follow Trump." I said.
I said follow Trump....not be a conservative.

But at what point do you switch from a party?
You seem to be saying giving ultimate power to a "Toxic person and disgusting human being" is OK because you've always voted Republican!!

The next Labour leader is going to be Ian Brady.....but y'know, I live in a labour area so he get's my vote. I against his child killing policy but there are more jobs at JLR.

Doing what one of the democrat presidential candidates did (can't remember his name) where you apologize for being born white.

I think we have got a wire crossed somewhere. I'm not having a go at you, I'm just trying to understand what you are saying.

You said that calls for change will be incessant if the media can attach white supremacy to a shooting then calls for change will be incessant but they keep quiet when the reverse is true. Is there some kind of anti-white supremacy in the US? Are anti-white supremacy shootings common?

"No decent person can follow Trump." I said.
I said follow Trump....not be a conservative.

But at what point do you switch from a party?
You seem to be saying giving ultimate power to a "Toxic person and disgusting human being" is OK because you've always voted Republican!!

The next Labour leader is going to be Ian Brady.....but y'know, I live in a labour area so he get's my vote. I against his child killing policy but there are more jobs at JLR.

Trump is many things but he's not a murderous pedophile.

Who said anything about Trump? You immediately associate a whole population of 100+ million people with politics and Trump and implying they're all ignorant/stupid. Exactly what the media wants you to do... There were a couple of decent candidates on the democrat side who were marginalized by their own party who would have been very well supported. Tulsi Gabbard is a prime example. Smart, moderate (you know, like most people), a veteran, but made the mistake of calling out the extreme leftists and most-notably the Clintons. Media started calling her a Russian agent - egged on by Hilary Clinton, because she wasn't a fan and had the nerve to say so.
It's difficult for anyone who hasn't been truly immersed into the cultures of this country to have an accurate understanding. There are fanatics on both sides (those are the ones the media show) but the vast majority, especially in the last two elections, have voted for the better of two poor choices.
FYI - the media and New Yorkers especially, loved Trump right until the moment he announced he'd be running for president.

Trump is many things but he's not a murderous pedophile.

I'm making a point by extrapolation.....
You try to explain a point by giving an extreme scenario - to highlight the flaw in an argument - and the person starts arguing about the details in the scenario - ignoring the point being made.

So the fact that Trump is not as bad as Ian Brady beats my argument!
OK mate....you won that one.

I think we have got a wire crossed somewhere. I'm not having a go at you, I'm just trying to understand what you are saying.

You said that calls for change will be incessant if the media can attach white supremacy to a shooting then calls for change will be incessant but they keep quiet when the reverse is true. Is there some kind of anti-white supremacy in the US? Are anti-white supremacy shootings common?
No, I didn't think you were having a go. Just stating what I've seen - literally people apologizing for being born white. It's ludicrous.