Update on Ellis's progress at Chesterfield. | Vital Football

Update on Ellis's progress at Chesterfield.

A couple of my mates are Chesterfield ST holders and rate him too, they say he has brought another dimension to their play and is getting better gane by game. I have had to manage their expectations...........he is not for sale !!!!!!

A couple of my mates are Chesterfield ST holders and rate him too, they say he has brought another dimension to their play and is getting better gane by game. I have had to manage their expectations...........he is not for sale !!!!!!
He might be available on a season long loan though, if they play their cards right.

I've had a read of their forum since he's been there.

General consensus is a good prospect, a good left foot, defensively not great (playing left wing back), better in CM on the few minutes he's played there, but too laid back at times.

Bob's Board wasn't so complimentary. Went missing for spells in the game, according to one contributor. Mind you, they did lose.

Sometimes hard to remember that Chappers is only 18! What a player he's going to be if his development goes on as currently. With our CM issues, will he be retained at the Bank next season I wonder?

Sometimes hard to remember that Chappers is only 18! What a player he's going to be if his development goes on as currently. With our CM issues, will he be retained at the Bank next season I wonder?
That's probably the key point: he is only just 18, yet is one of Chesterfield's better players. It doesn't necessarily say much about the rest, though.

His contract runs until June 2020.