TONY DIAGNE | Vital Football

TONY DIAGNE

57harry

Vital 1st Team Regular
Watched Barrow at home to Hartlepool on BT sport last night and Ex City defender Tony Diagne was an unused sub for Barrow. Hartlepool won 2-1. Grant Holt,ex Norwich,who is now Player coach at Barrow, came on the last 20 minutes or so.It would be fair to say his best playing days appear to be behind him.

I watched it as well. It makes you realise how much better our standard of play is now compared to when we were scrabbling around at the bottom of the National League.

Cracking goal to win it though but I think it clearly demonstrates that the standard of goalkeeping in the National League is well below that of the Football League.

I also watched it, just to remind myself of our humble past. Dreadful crowd (just over 1,000) but a wonder strike to seal three valuable points for Pools.

Dean won't be best pleased, mind.

Also watched it, rather enjoyed it . Not the best National League game I've seen this season and I've seen a few . Always enjoy them though , irrespective of the attendance which people seem to think it's important lol :pointy:

One of many players this Site sponsored that turned out to be pretty rubbish!

cheshireimp - 22/3/2018 17:28

Also watched it, rather enjoyed it . Not the best National League game I've seen this season and I've seen a few . Always enjoy them though , irrespective of the attendance which people seem to think it's important lol :pointy:

Attendances are important, If football at the lower levels is to survive and thrive it needs fans through the gates. Without the fans clubs die.

Impalex - 22/3/2018 16:04

I also watched it, just to remind myself of our humble past. Dreadful crowd (just over 1,000) but a wonder strike to seal three valuable points for Pools.

Dean won't be best pleased, mind.

Gutted. I was really looking forward to a bit of trolling on their forum. Still time for them to blow it.

Rob the Imp - 22/3/2018 21:14

As if Grant Holt is still playing! Next thing you'll be telling me is Jon Parkin is still around...

You'll be telling us next Kevin Ellison is still playing...

I was having horrible flashbacks from us in our first and second seasons down here watching the game. Them performances where you're so far away from being anything resembling a decent side you wonder whether it'll end up happening again.

Not aided by the Barrow 'keeper, obviously. That was a reminder of the general low standard of goalkeeping in the NL. That position is probably the biggest difference between the NL and FL IMO. You get that used to 'keepers not saving much in the NL that it's a bit of a shock when FL 'keepers actually save things, even if they're not particularly difficult ones to make.

Luke Imp - 23/3/2018 10:01

I was having horrible flashbacks from us in our first and second seasons down here watching the game. Them performances where you're so far away from being anything resembling a decent side you wonder whether it'll end up happening again.

Not aided by the Barrow 'keeper, obviously. That was a reminder of the general low standard of goalkeeping in the NL. That position is probably the biggest difference between the NL and FL IMO. You get that used to 'keepers not saving much in the NL that it's a bit of a shock when FL 'keepers actually save things, even if they're not particularly difficult ones to make.

I think the keepers can be summed up by our own Paul Farman. He has not really made the step up from the NL.