Title race blew wide open. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Title race blew wide open.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
Keep our heads up, keep pushing and aim to win every game... the worst that can happen then is finishing second, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

West Ham will bring their A game because they're a tin pot club with nothing to play for except digging at us. ars*nal is always a big game. Man Utd is an odd one, because they have something to play for, but have a manager who'd much rather see us win the league. The rest are your standard end of season games.

It's a pretty tough run in, but that may help focus minds.

ahx00 - 17/4/2017 13:12

Keep our heads up, keep pushing and aim to win every game... the worst that can happen then is finishing second, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

West Ham will bring their A game because they're a tin pot club with nothing to play for except digging at us. ars*nal is always a big game. Man Utd is an odd one, because they have something to play for, but have a manager who'd much rather see us win the league. The rest are your standard end of season games.

It's a pretty tough run in, but that may help focus minds.
It seems strange but we need Citéh to beat M.U. in the league, that would leave only the Europa league for them. They would surely focus on that.

I just find it great to be in this position. No doubt we can take care of Hull, Westham, Crystal Palace by just being our normal, efficient selves. Leicester will require us to be a bit more defensive minded and watch for the counter as they will sit back and wait for us to over commit offensively. ars*nal will be flying and we will need to hurt them early to deflate their enthusiasm. ManU will be the toughest test. They have a strong defense and a decent midfield. Especially if they play mikitariyan from the start. I'm not worried about Ibrahimovich but we will need Wanayama to nullify Herrera. Most importantly I believe the rest of the season will be based on our performance against Chelsea in the FA Semi. If we win, and I firmly believe we will, then the double is well and truly on. Losing is not an option.

To win it we need to win all of our games. I just can't see that happening. It would be one hell of a run if we did.

Our home form is on a record breaking run I think. The 2 hardest games against arse and utd are at home. The easier ones are away.

We have the momentum and belief. The team spirit . Look what that did for Leicester.

I dare to dream for the inevitable let down and disappointment. But I can't help it. I'm not sure the old ticket can cope either.

Form tables over last 6-10 matches, respectively:

CHELSEA
Southampton 8 8
A Everton 3 3
Middlesbrough 18 18
A West Bromwich 17 13
Watford 10 10
Sunderland 19 19

US
A Crystal Palace 5 7
ars*nal 13 11
A West Ham Utd 16 15
Manchester Utd 6 4
A Leicester City 4 9
Hull City 11 12

If they drop points to Soton and Everton, while we collect 6 points from Palace and Arse, THEN it's "wide open." Chelsea would still have a huge advantage. They likely will have two matches against teams beyond hope of staying up in their last 4, while we will face two playing their best of the season, one which may be fighting to stay up on the last day, and one which regards us as nearly their most hated opponent.

Based on form, Chelsea's remaining fixtures in order starting with most difficult, then ours:

Everton
Southampton
Watford
West Brom
Sunderland

ManU
Palace
LCFC
Hull
Arse
WHam

So the worse performing opponents we have left are also bitter London rivals. We have the difficult path any way you look at it.

So then all we need to do--very simple, nothing we shouldn't expect at a very minimum--is equal the longest consecutive win streak in a season in EPL history. Job done.

So then all we need to do--very simple, nothing we shouldn't expect at a very minimum--is equal the longest consecutive win streak in a season in EPL history. Job done.

[Quote: Spursex:

If you end up being right, I'll run around absolutely naked (apart from a Spurs scarf) in my trip to the Russian Arctic in the summer... ]

Have you no respect for Anglo Soviet relations?

Welshtel - 17/4/2017 23:44

[Quote: Spursex:

If you end up being right, I'll run around absolutely naked (apart from a Spurs scarf) in my trip to the Russian Arctic in the summer... ]

Have you no respect for Anglo Soviet relations?

The Russians open a hole and swim naked, the one's we'll be with use it as their bi-annual bath (seriously!) - they'll probably join in and think it's some weird English ritual, before jumping in... :10: :stop:

I believe, having supported the Lily White's for over 45 years, that, come first or second this season, this is just a small chapter in an epic thriller of a book that Poch is writing. He has merged team, staff and supporters together and what a joy to see a team playing with a smile. Also, I believe that the players are committed to this, due to the fact that they are signing contracts for smaller wages that other big teams would pay them.

I believe, having supported the Lily White's for over 45 years, that, come first or second this season, this is just a small chapter in an epic thriller of a book that Poch is writing. He has merged team, staff and supporters together and what a joy to see a team playing with a smile. Also, I believe that the players are committed to this, due to the fact that they are signing contracts for smaller wages that other big teams would pay them.

Jimimac - 18/4/2017 13:55

Welcome to Vital Spurs!!

Check this out: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=42797&posts=55&highlight=Introduce&highlightmode=1#M1141549