This f@&king club | Page 5 | Vital Football

This f@&king club

I don’t agree
Leicester are coming up with no money and a points deduction
Ipswich will be next seasons Burnley - they will not get away trying to play that sort of football with inferior players
Hopefully Norwich or WBA will come up through the play-offs
The basket case that is Everton could be coming out of administration
And we will be much improved
I can see your point. Prefer us not to rely on lack of resources of others. Surely the three coming up can’t be as bad as the three going down.
I don't know enough details of Everton's second breach.

I think I said this before, but I think it's a different scenario if the second breach is a result of the first still being in the 3 year period.

If the second breach is as a result of significantly overspending the rough yearly limits in a new year's accounting period, then I think that is more aggrevating.

I did read though that Leicester spent £305m or so in their final three years in the Premier League, which is nearly 3 times the limit. They certainly didn't do that in their final year in the premier league, so they must surely have been on breach in years before that? I know there were COVID allowances but it feels like there has to have been a fair number of breaches in previous years that simply weren't picked up or challenged; until now.

Quite how Chelsea can spend a billion and not be in breach is an interesting one and I'd like to see how it works
I read the double jeopardy argument from Everton being they were penalised 6 points for the three rolling years. The second charge was for over spending in two of those years they had already taken a points deduction for. They could not alter the finances of those two years and had already taken the penalty at 2 points per annum thus only two points for the final year in latest hearing.

Forests solicitor praised the Everton solicitors for the clarification in hearing. I would suggest Forests 6 points (reduced to four) is two points per season for the three rolling seasons. Therefore we have now taken the hit for two of the three seasons ending in July. We have not spent heavily last financial year and sales more than balance out purchases. Only amortisation to allow for.

Of course all of this is foggy as no clarification from PL, IC or appeals. In fact one ruling contradicts another. The appeals by Forest and Everton is as much about gaining clarity as challenging penalties. Forest need to be clear of ruling and have a clear understanding with PL and IC that that is their understanding before finance sheets go in in June.

The argument isn’t about it being over two seasons but about they have alrdyeen penalised for two out of the three years already.

I've probably got this all wrong but I thought it was about 2 deductions in the same season, which I have never understood really as the first deduction should & could have been last season if it hadn't been for their shenanigans & delaying tactics that forced the IC to sit this season rather than last, which benefitted them as a deduction would have relegated them

Report from Turkey suggesting Shelvey is stil a Forest player and they wish to make a deal. I thought Forest had aid up his contact. Light anyone.

So they got 2 points for a 1 season felony? Isn’t that what we did?

2 points back please
In theory yes - however, that was because they had already bust the limit and it wasn’t possible to recover in one season - which is the same situation as ourselves

I've probably got this all wrong but I thought it was about 2 deductions in the same season, which I have never understood really as the first deduction should & could have been last season if it hadn't been for their shenanigans & delaying tactics that forced the IC to sit this season rather than last, which benefitted them as a deduction would have relegated them

No, double jeopardy is about being penalised more than once for the same thing. Say a club loses just less than £35 million in each of season one and two, they are compliant, but in season three lose £36 million. The loss over three years breaks the rules and they are penalised.

In year four they are just inside the rules losing less than £35 million, but when you add years 2,3 and 4 they have broken the rules and are penalised again.

In year five they are just inside the £35 million, but when you add years 3,4, and 5 they are outside the limit again. One year over the limit, but three different breaches of the £105 million limit.

No, double jeopardy is about being penalised more than once for the same thing. Say a club loses just less than £35 million in each of season one and two, they are compliant, but in season three lose £36 million. The loss over three years breaks the rules and they are penalised.

In year four they are just inside the rules losing less than £35 million, but when you add years 2,3 and 4 they have broken the rules and are penalised again.

In year five they are just inside the £35 million, but when you add years 3,4, and 5 they are outside the limit again. One year over the limit, but three different breaches of the £105 million limit.
This is why it needs clarification as it appears that Everton got only 2 points deducted despite being a serial offender.

Gone from complete despair at half time, demanding Yates was subbed and that we were shit

To welling up with pride when he scored and on cloud nine

Gone from wanting to be relegated to escape the premier league, to being thrilled we stand a chance of staying in it

Let’s see this season out, change manager and give it another go

Dog tired boss
finally, someone admits theyre a fickle melt lolol

maybe try paying off the debt before spending money you dont have eh, just a thought :)