think Perch transfer is a big mistake | Vital Football

think Perch transfer is a big mistake

shearers boots

Vital Squad Member
Being sold for around 1 million ? never let us down off the pitch always gives 100% on pitch (not the best player we have ever had )but seems to be able to fit in any where , for what we are selling him for ? is it worth it , Thought Pardew is on holiday ?? so who is selling him

He should've never been on the pitch ahead of Anita or Bigi. Seeing him get the nod off the bench before those boiled my piss last year no end. I'm glad that option has been taken out of Pardew's incompetant hands

Kinnear is making the deals now SB, simple as. And if Kinnear , as some believe, has been brought in to force pardew out. Perch is the kind of player who'll be sold to piss off pardew. Solid if unspectacular and seemingly a model professional, pardew would have wanted to keep him around, yet he's been sold from under him.

shearers boots - 3/7/2013 12:00

but our squad is piss small to start with , 1 million pounds will make no diff to our transfer budget ,

It's a show of power, Perch was a Pardew favourite. If it makes him jump it'll be seen as 1m very well spent by Ashley

shearers boots - 3/7/2013 12:00

but our squad is piss small to start with , 1 million pounds will make no diff to our transfer budget ,

Rabit seems to think we have 28 in the squad all worthy of a first team place and therefore we shouldn't worry about the lack of signings.

Improving the squad to compete isn't the name of the game with Ashley SB, we all know it. Every penny into the coffers helps him cream a profit, that's all he cares about.

There's a bigger war going on at management level. Player recruitment, quality of squad and sadly the fans welfare is irrelevant right now, and I can see it playing out all season. Pardew digging his heels in and getting unwarranted sympathy from the masses. Conveniently ignoring the fact he's shit.

Agree SPB. There probably will be sympathy for pardew from some quarters, under the "Any enemy of ashley is our friend" mentality. Odds are it could play out all season. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. If Kinnear sells a load of players and brings in loads that pardew doesn't want. It will implode if we start badly, as pardew will just point the finger squarely at kinnear (and in fairness if JFK buys dross pardew will for once have a point), and that's when the shit will hit the fan as Ashley will actually have to make a choice, as that will be when he realises pardew ain't gonna walk and he either has to sack pardew, or sack his best buddy kinnear.

Lets just clear up one thing now shall we. No way is pardew going to walk out. So lets just not discuss that as a possibility on here.

And 1 million pound for a very very limited player is a good deal in my opinion. Give me £300 a week and ill give it 110% and charge around all game for us. Dosent mean I could actually contribute anything

nufc_carl88 - 3/7/2013 13:27

Lets just clear up one thing now shall we. No way is pardew going to walk out. So lets just not discuss that as a possibility on here.

I have no doubt he will eventually, by which time our fate will probably have been decided. His arrogance wont allow him to jump yet

I can't see him ever quitting. Has he ever resigned from a job? Too arrogant and too much money at stake. When he leaves here the only way is down and he knows it

Selling Perch is not a mistake, he is not quality. What will be a mistake is after Perch, Simpson plus a few fringe players have left, they are not replaced by better quality. So far and its early days our squad which was not strong enough in the 1st place is even weaker. All the local rags are doing are playing up the quality of existing players. If Ben Arfa gets through even half the games I'll be very surprised. Vuckic is another permanent injury and Ameobi is way past his best whatever that was. Amalfatino, Abeid, Simpson, Perch all part of last years squad and yet to be replaced.
AS for sympathy for Pardew, the man is a mouse and hasn't even squeaked.

Well said owl. I've said on here numerous times we have 12-13 players I would class as upto the standard we need. The rest are just deadwood. And I include everyone's favourite bigirimana in that too. He will be in the championship in a couple of year.

We are a good 6 players away from having anything like the squad depth we should be having

nufc_carl88 - 3/7/2013 13:44

I can't see him ever quitting. Has he ever resigned from a job? Too arrogant and too much money at stake. When he leaves here the only way is down and he knows it
Yes, he quit Reading when West Ham went sniffing for one of the most talented young coaches in the country.

He almost took West Ham down to the level he took Reading up to but when given a second chance at Charlton, he took them well below Reading.