The World Cup Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

If those players get deported and banned from the country, could that affect them trying to enter in the future?

Brazil v Argentina is abandoned
The match has, unsurprisingly, been called off.

On the upside, the Brazilian training session involves one of the goalkeepers playing in defence, so this could be fun.

It is what it is. We were damned if we let them go and damned if we didn't. There was talk of banning players who clubs refused to release. To be honest it's a proper shit show. They should think about putting the whole thing back a year so we can get everything back to normal.

Just heard Southgate saying todays game was a difficult one for the team he put out.

Just checked we were playing Andorra , I got the impression it was Italy or the like.

WHAT. A . PRICK .

Ridiculous comment considering Andorra has a population the same size as Redditch.

Southgate always wants to be seen to be saying all this progressive stuff that buys time in his typical bland style of delivery, but he needs to be careful as it just doesn’t wash with games like this. If they were shit, say they were shit.

It is what it is. We were damned if we let them go and damned if we didn't. There was talk of banning players who clubs refused to release. To be honest it's a proper shit show. They should think about putting the whole thing back a year so we can get everything back to normal.
They should of just cancelled the corrupt Qatar WC in 2022 .

The Brazilian goalkeeper has just rifled in a goal and is celebrating in front of the fans. What a training session.

Seeing as the Brazilian authorities shouldn't have let then enter the country anyway does anyone think this is all a theatrical revenge due to their players being forced to stay home.

There must have been dozens of times they could have done this yet wait till 5 minutes into the game.

Seeing as the Brazilian authorities shouldn't have let then enter the country anyway does anyone think this is all a theatrical revenge due to their players being forced to stay home.

There must have been dozens of times they could have done this yet wait till 5 minutes into the game.

I guess they’re taking a punt that they can get 3 points awarded by letting the game start along with impressing the public by targeting the Argies. If the game was cancelled prior, I guess they’d have to reschedule?

Doesn’t excuse the Argies for breaking the law though, typical Argie behaviour.

Yep Brazils players kept back and for some reason, the Argentines were allowed to go or more than likely decided they were going regardless of the club or PL

Absolute legend on the guardian:

I’ve been told to drag this out, so ... the training session is continuing at a snail’s pace. It is basically 10 v 10 or something on half of the pitch. I believe they are playing ‘two touch’.
“Is there VAR (at the training session)? asks Thomas Krantz.

Judging by the amount of offsides, no.

some good banter

This looks so bad on the part of the Argies and Aston Villa they must have both known the rules before travelling, unless the Argies have also lied to Villa too, but ignorance is not an excuse.

Brazil vs Argentina stopped as police invade pitch to detain 'wanted' Premier League stars i think they should have stayed here

Yep and because they are Villa Players, some think it's ok

Surely its a case of the players being unaware of the rules as opposed to them attempting skulduggery. How did the Argentine FA not know though? How did FIFA not inform them when they were blustering about fining teams who refused to let players travel.