The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread | Page 63 | Vital Football

The He Who Shall Not Be Named Thread

SG has been improving the way players press forwards, but we're not there yet. If the ball is going towards Ollie players need the get on their bikes.

I think this is an area Dean failed in, our most successful defending came from sitting deep and pushing teams wide. I think it all went tits up for Dean trying to press higher. Worked alright last season but when Ross lost interest we were down to 10 men and Ramsey wasnt good enough to step into that role either. Last season we were the only side to press more than the previous season. Dean had us this season trying to press from the very front but statsically if you look at Ings pressing he isnt very good. Lots of running and effort but very unsuccessful in pushing the ball back or forcing it into awkward positions.

Gerrard has us set up a bit more sensibly, generally waiting to engage around the centre circle and forcing teams into situations where we can double up on them.

SG has been improving the way players press forwards, but we're not there yet. If the ball is going towards Ollie players need the get on their bikes.
I think we can expect a few injuries this season as a result. He will push them very hard in training and these lot are not used to it. A similar thing happened early doors under Klopp as they got used to his methods.

The players who can't or won't play like this will be getting shipped out. Bailey's lack of press and effort off the ball will be infuriating for SG for instance.

Yeah I expect that December isn't going to be plain sailing in terms of results, I actually get the feeling that we'll end up losing a fair few games.

In the new year though once they get those fitness levels up and used to a higher intensity of training we'll see the rewards.

Fair play to Gerrard though, he's introducing changes but nothing that I would say massively overhauls anything (at least as an outsider looking in).

What was that fucking about tapping the ball around in our own 6-yard box about and ending giving away a corner, that's not coaching that is stupidity.
I know we have a CF who couldn't hold up a bank with a 12bore but I'd rather be scrapping 10 yards inside their half than 4 yards from our own goal.

2 games according to the premier league website . Doesn’t mention Citeh.

:rofl:

At least we now get this sort of ridiculous thing because we have a league and sky golden bollocks as our manager .

Citeh was in December, so it doesn't count, but yeah, we're going to be the new darlings of Sky :shake:

Ha, ha . And on cue just watching SSN and there is short segment/advert before and it’s Mings goal v BHA with SG celebrating in loving slow mo . We never have that sort of thing . Never.