The 'Special' needs one is gone.. | Page 5 | Vital Football

The 'Special' needs one is gone..

I know your joking but he'd never ever take a job with us unless we could guarantee him vast sums for transfers - but most of all, he and Levy would last about 60 mins in the same room before it was all over...

Exactly why I think he is shite...the only thing he knows how to do as a manager is throw money at problems...

When asked to actually manage the squad he has...he simply cannot do it.

**Probably one reason MP is so attractive...he gets the most out of his squad...

I liked what Greavsie said, “Send for Sam”? Haha, do you think it could come to a relegation battle? That could be fun. What we need to ensure is that they never get Pochettino. We talk about six point games, we should never lose a manager to a rival clubs, nor players either! The Mail is really pushing the point of Man U getting our manager today as though it’s a done deal.

I liked what Greavsie said, “Send for Sam”? Haha, do you think it could come to a relegation battle? That could be fun. What we need to ensure is that they never get Pochettino. We talk about six point games, we should never lose a manager to a rival clubs, nor players either!

Unfortunately we are still viewed as a selling club...possibly

Oh in fairness USAF we haven’t sold any good players for a good while now. Our policy on that front certainly seems to have changed.

I don't think the full enormity of losing Poch has dawned on many posters here[similar to Brexit really].The reality is that this man has single-handedly kept Spurs in the top 4 for 3 seasons in a row,with a budget smaller than Brighton.Those of you who think Eddie Howe can fill his boots are sadly deluded as Bournemouth go up & down the table like a yoyo.Look at their position now! Moanrinho is a busted flush & will be lucky to manage fruit stall in future. Poch is invaluable to the blue meanies who run our club.When Poch goes we will return to the bad old days.A once great club with the most expensive stadium ever built with a poor team & half empty ground.Any offers for some hand crafted baguettes going cheap?

A defining time/season

If we have a succcessful 'win' something season and or CL top 4 again he won't leave us.
If it all goes belly up and 'spursy' and or daddy levy does not give him any spending money in the summer then he could be gone somewhere, not necessarity manure I might add!

He's in a strong bargaining position with Levy & ideally if he can get guarantees of more transfer money & another pay rise[Man U pay £15 million a year!] he could stay.If he doesn't get those deals I'm afraid he would [like any one of us]go for the big bucks.We couldn't blame him for that.

Danny will get £40 million for him ,which is another variable to factor in.
I don't believe the money Levy could get comes into it, sure if he can't keep him he'll want as much as possible.
But despite what many tout nothing in Levy's history suggests he will get rid of a manager he wants to keep and who wants to stay because of money.

I don't think the full enormity of losing Poch has dawned on many posters here[similar to Brexit really].The reality is that this man has single-handedly kept Spurs in the top 4 for 3 seasons in a row,with a budget smaller than Brighton.Those of you who think Eddie Howe can fill his boots are sadly deluded as Bournemouth go up & down the table like a yoyo.Look at their position now! Moanrinho is a busted flush & will be lucky to manage fruit stall in future. Poch is invaluable to the blue meanies who run our club.When Poch goes we will return to the bad old days.A once great club with the most expensive stadium ever built with a poor team & half empty ground.Any offers for some hand crafted baguettes going cheap?

I am one of those who does not agree with the enormity. Poch still lacks in some areas. He has not achieved our position single handedly. Kane , Alli, Eriksen have had a fair bit to contribute as have the rest of the coaching staff.

Poch needs to get crucial tactical decisions in big games right more often. A Rafa Benitez or Jose type manager could improve us in that department.

As for Brexit, the enormity never bothered me, financially I don't care. I would rather be proud of my Country and trade independently and be free of the Euro machine.

It has been suggested Man U could triple Poch 's wages. That could mean extra 50 mil over 5 years. Jose has earnt 122 mil from his last few failures.

If Poch stays and let's 50 mil slip through his hands he is a better man than I imagined.

Poch earns 8m a year here, how much does one need?

Same with players. If you are earning 150k a week basic then bonuses on top, more money can't be the attraction.

I have always felt he will leave us for them, still think that. He won't get backed in the transfer market here. He is waiting and he will go if they come calling.

here's what he said when he was appointed:

It was one of the conditions of his appointment as Tottenham Hotspur manager and Mauricio Pochettino followed it to the letter last night by finally declaring himself ready to speak English in public.

After a year and a half hiding behind a translator at Southampton, the Argentine vowed to address Spurs fans in their native tongue, despite claiming he was still struggling to master the language.

The 42-year-old’s decision to speak English only in private at St Mary’s sparked controversy and Tottenham were adamant that would no longer be the case upon recruiting him in May.

Pochettino demonstrated on Thursday that he was more than happy to comply, having little difficulty getting his message across in his first serious encounter with the British media since joining his new club.
“Now, it’s good, my communication,” he said, while maintaining he “never had a problem” conversing with his English players at Southampton.

Admitting he was still “nervous” about speaking his second language in public, he insisted he understood how doing so would enable him to forge better relationships in the UK, drawing comparisons with the experiences of Sir Bobby Robson and David Beckham when they moved to Spain.

But he had no regrets about waiting until now to unveil his English skills to the world, adding: “Sometimes, it seems poor, my English, and it’s difficult to explain in the way that I want. And, it’s for that I used the translator in Southampton.”

That may be one reason why Pochettino will retain the services of a translator at Spurs – on Thursday it was assistant head coach Jesus Pérez – if only to ensure he fully understands all questions asked.
Thanks, bbut I did know that one of the prerequisites of him coming here was that he spoke English in all his interviews from day one.
It was a pretty well puvlicised move.
And watching the pre match interviews you can see that he is allowed to have a translater with him who sometimes lets him know what is being said in Portugese when he occasionally finds it hard to get a nuanced question or something.

Press and pundits think Poch to Man U is inevitable. I think Jose engineered his own departure, he has done it before.

It would be nice if Poch showed some class and stayed with us.

Poch is not a big club manager. He's a great manager at a big club.

Still has a lot to prove, but unlike Jose, he does possess a degree of player management skills. To turn Sissoko around and keep relative harmony at our club, he's done OK.....but if Man Spew are as big as they think they are (and they are) they should set their sights a lot higher on a coach with silver ware....., but I get it...they want a PL ready coach.

OT has had the appearance of a toxic environment since Fergie left. If Poch has a list of clubs, I'm sure MU would be mid table....very fitting.

Press and pundits think Poch to Man U is inevitable. I think Jose engineered his own departure, he has done it before.

It would be nice if Poch showed some class and stayed with us.

For the record, I think you're wrong - but sadly for us, until Manure appoint their permanent manager the press and all the negations, will of course keep talking it up.