The Riches of the Prem | Vital Football

The Riches of the Prem

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
Bournemouth will spend a club record £32m to sign Levante and Colombia midfielder Jefferson Lerma, 23, and a further £25m on Genoa and Uruguay full-back Diego Laxalt, 25.

6 years ago Bournemouth hadn't got a pot to piss in

From a business point of view we were so unlucky, we were relegated just before the massive television deal came into play. If we had been relegated 1/2 years after everything could have been so much more different. But would I change it? No chance.

That's why it's so important to be in the Premier League and you see so many clubs push so hard to get up. The cost of running a football club keeps going up and up and the money in the Championship let alone L1 isn't keeping up with what is becoming the going rate.

Relegation is a disaster for any club but with our small revenue streams it was worse for us than most.

We’re in no position to complain. We had the same riches when we were there albeit not at the level they are at now. We benefited from parachute payments for 4 years post relegation. Only the people in charge of club combined to piss it all up the wall, appointing the wrong managers, signing the wrong players and somehow managing to get us relegated again!

:tophat:
We’re in no position to complain. We had the same riches when we were there albeit not at the level they are at now. We benefited from parachute payments for 4 years post relegation. Only the people in charge of club combined to piss it all up the wall, appointing the wrong managers, signing the wrong players and somehow managing to get us relegated again!

I hope you’re not criticising uncle Dave & his fish fryer grandson ? You will have the wrath of the he as not made a penny out of this club brigade on your case !:tophat:

The positive for us is that if we can develop player/s that are good enough to be bought from a prem club, we will receive a much greater fee then we would of, if the new sky deal never happened.

The money they take in is regardless to us. The negative is the amount of championship clubs that spend to try and get there. Losing massive amounts of money each season on wages/fees. Which doesn't work a lot of the time, as clubs buy players that are high profiles but never good enough. Usually why they're willing to sign for those clubs in the first place.

Even with that said, with the right setup and approach any team can build a club up to be promoted from this league. There's 3 chances every year for clubs to go up. Most of the teams that go down don't go straight back up to the prem. Which leaves other clubs that have worked there way up to take one of those chances in a season when they get that chance.

For that to happen though the recruitment has to be ruthless each season, moving players on that aren't improving/performing in the current system. Replacing them with better or players with more potential to improve throughout the current season, whilst not losing too much money.

This is my favorite league, so i'm fussed if we never get back to the prem. The money would be great, but i like the press/shape back and forth games in this league. Think that helps teams be resilient when they do take the step up.

Gammon
There are many different varieties available in Wigan.
Some gammon is worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
Some gammon is worth about thirty bob.
Other gammon is festering in a black bin for a couple of weeks having been thrown out because it passed its sell by date.
All gammon is extremely salty.

Anyways, enough of the gammon lesson.

I would have loved to see Chris Hughton installed as our manager but it was never going to happen.
See above. (He applied)
I reckon he could have done with us what he's doing with Brighton. He didn't even make the shortlist tho.

Coyle - Huge mistake.
Joyce - Mistake of clusterfuck proportions.

All of the other managers did well at some point.