Newcastle - Draw (Must win) - 27pts

Wolves - Lose - 27 pts

Liverpool - Lose - 27pts

Yanited - Lose - 27pts

Crystal Palace - Draw - 28pts

Everton - Lose - 28pts

Arsenal - Draw - 29pts

West Ham - Draw - 30pts (Relegated)

Games are running out and I just can't see where a win is going to come from?

If 36 pts is the safety mark we are well off it. Our best bet is if we can scrape a win at CP and beat WHU in the final game...
Need to win 3 of the last 4.
Not going to happen.

We've got Liverpool Sunday, they play man City on Thursday. Id expect them to play full strength against city and maybe play a few reserves against us.

Also Villa have a week to prepare, recover and focus compared to Liverpool who have around 2 days. Maybe a surprise victory !
So smith can't whine about having no time in between games. Not that it matters we will lose anyway.

I said at the restart that the only way we'd stay up is to attack. We needed goals, we were past the stage where concentrating on defending would give us what we needed.

Still applies. In all the matches we've got coming up we have to go on the attack. Seriously attack. Not pinging the ball around on the edge of the final third while the opposition watch. Today's match was how not to do it.

To put it bluntly, we have to go all out to win against Liverpool, not hope we can stop them from winning.

There's a lack of quality and then there's a lack of confidence and intensity. Sheffield United have a serious lack of quality but compensate for that through tactical nous, intensity and confidence.

Looking at our performances players are not busting a gut to close the opposition down, not busting a gut to make good runs into space in attacking areas and really just playing it safe in key areas of the pitch. This reflects on the manager and will be the reason we ultimately go down.

When you look at wolves/Sheffield utd they had a solid base who had been together for a couple of seasons.

We had to assemble one in 3 months with turning over old players and bringing in new.

Obviously we should of seen improvement throughout the season but that hasn't happened.
If we go down and keep the core for me that's Mcginn, mings, konsa, luiz, Wesley and a few others we should be in a decent position. Unsure about the management situation and how that'll turn out. Its all ifs and buts. We could even stay up somehow!

We can all do our calculations and I did mine, for everyone's games at the bottom, up to but excluding the last day. I got Watford 36 pts, Brighton 37, W Ham 34, Bournemouth 32, Norwich 26.

I really was trying to be realistic rather than hopeful, giving both W Ham and Watford two wins in their next three games, and Bournemouth to beat Newcastle next time out. Watford having lost to Soton would now only be 33 pts.

For Villa, however, I know in total contrast the need is to be hopeful rather than realistic for the next 5 games, but I still conclude there is a good chance that just two wins, or even one win and one draw could well leave us in with a chance of staying up on the last day at West Ham. All is not lost yet. We can still do it.

With Arsenal now in the Semi-Final on July 18th, our penultimate game will be postponed until the following midweek. We will thus have the advantage of knowing what we have to do over the last two games, not one. Hopefully Arsenal will either have their eyes on the Cup Final, or be cheesed off after losing the semi-final. It might help us?

With Arsenal now in the Semi-Final on July 18th, our penultimate game will be postponed until the following midweek. We will thus have the advantage of knowing what we have to do over the last two games, not one. Hopefully Arsenal will either have their eyes on the Cup Final, or be cheesed off after losing the semi-final. It might help us?
Detective like thinking. Impressive

I know see West Ham and Watford will be in the same boat - as their penultimate games will be against semi-finalists Man Utd And Man City. However that probably won't help them as much as ourselves v Arsenal. United (H to W Ham) will be desperate for points, while City (A to Watford) always win anyway.

If we go down and to be fair there are 5 teams who deserve to go. We need to keep or create a basis of a team that can survive in the prem next time with a few additions. Like Sheff Utd to be fair. Having to buy a new team virtually to compete was always a big ask.

Not buying a fair bit of proven prem experience just made it even harder. Whoever decided that must pay the price if we do go.

I really do think that the conversation should really be about When we finish 20th and Not if we can survive. Ive had no hope for a while.
Like i always say there is a thin line between having a negative pessimistic mind set and watching the absolute garbage we see week in week out and having all hope and will drained away.
I have zero trust in anyone at Villa Park at present. That is a sad state of affairs.

I really do think that the conversation should really be about When we finish 20th and Not if we can survive. Ive had no hope for a while.
Like i always say there is a thin line between having a negative pessimistic mind set and watching the absolute garbage we see week in week out and having all hope and will drained away.
I have zero trust in anyone at Villa Park at present. That is a sad state of affairs.
It's us or Norwich for 20th. We have had luck with the other results but the bottom teams play each other soon while we've already lost the next two games.
Almost time to predict final placing and points.
I go 19th and 32.

We're surrounding by so much shit that all we have to do is to pull our socks up, go for it and get a few positive results. That's what annoys me about the last 4 games. We are actually the form team amongst the bottom 5, but if we stopped worrying about losing and went all out for a wins I'm sure we could get something decent. To draw with both Sheffield and Newcastle was poor; I said they weren't very good and they weren't. Just 4 points instead of 2 would have been massive.

Bring back Tim. Him and JT would at least get some fire back.

We can all do our calculations and I did mine, for everyone's games at the bottom, up to but excluding the last day. I got Watford 36 pts, Brighton 37, W Ham 34, Bournemouth 32, Norwich 26.

I really was trying to be realistic rather than hopeful, giving both W Ham and Watford two wins in their next three games, and Bournemouth to beat Newcastle next time out. Watford having lost to Soton would now only be 33 pts.

For Villa, however, I know in total contrast the need is to be hopeful rather than realistic for the next 5 games, but I still conclude there is a good chance that just two wins, or even one win and one draw could well leave us in with a chance of staying up on the last day at West Ham. All is not lost yet. We can still do it.
Yes we can do it but it won’t be under Mr Smith who I now see is out of his depth big time. As many have stated we had a decent break through horrible circumstances to chat, work things out , change things as a team with the squad we have but 99. . 9% of fans have noticed one thing,,, we are boring and scared and dare I say , way worse than after Xmas when all the injuries happened. I can’t see us scoring let alone winning under Smith and his motivator coaching staff. He , Smith in his interview keeps saying we are competing but are not creating chances, that’s what his job of coach is to do, and I’m a fan who believed in him for the job.
unless we change or bring a coach in to assist him for ideas , we are down in a league which I agree with you, 4 more points or so could be enough judging how bad the bottom 5 are.