The Police Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Police Thread

I’ll tell you why the UK is ‘soft’ on this. Even though they aren’t and of course you are talking about the absolute extreme end of the spectrum here being an upcoming terrorist attack and not some bloke stopped in his car on his way to an armed blag. Do you not think that the UK police would take extreme action in the right circumstances in the event of an imminent terrorist attack an. Any examples of when they haven’t ?.

But back to my first line . Firearms officers are laying down their guns up and down the county because the culture now is shoot someone you are suspended, up on a manslaughter or murder charge before you know it and thrown to wolves by their bosses and the politicians. You are looking at the wrong people here . Shit roles down hill , you know who sets the parameters here and it ain’t those at the coal face. Same in any business tbh.

But of course ultimately we , thankfully, live in a mainly gun free society and not a shoot first and ask questions later which is right is it not? . Pretty civilised really when you look around the world despite what people like to say.

But really comparing a terrorist incident in Thailand with everyday policing in the UK is way off a comparison to make . Unless of course you talking terrorism in the UK . Most recent example I can think is the Reading terrorist attack where the guy ran amok in the park and was successfully arrested running away by officers who didn’t fire a shot. Faced trial justice was served and the families got to see it done.
Ok maybe it's not about the actual instant reaction to a threat.

It's the pussy footing we do when someone is a wrong one.

How many criminals have we deported? Not many? And we are talking about criminals that really should have a hole in the head and 6 foot under. But we are petrified of deporting. Why? I don't get it.

I can predict your response.

My response to your response is this.

In the UFC and martial arts they always say.....if you want a guaranteed win... Don't let it go to the judges.

Ok maybe it's not about the actual instant reaction to a threat.

It's the pussy footing we do when someone is a wrong one.

How many criminals have we deported? Not many? And we are talking about criminals that really should have a hole in the head and 6 foot under. But we are petrified of deporting. Why? I don't get it.

I can predict your response.

My response to your response is this.

In the UFC and martial arts they always say.....if you want a guaranteed win... Don't let it go to the judges.

Out of interest what is the response you are predicting and then gave an answer too anyway?. No need to start telling me what I was going to say.

And you have swung from talking about terrorism in Thailand and the police response to stop the boats in the UK and let's put bullets in their heads anyway.

Seriously, happy to debate the theme of the thread but there is no point if its going turn into an immigration thread (again ) . May aswell bin the thread.

Last edited:
Out of interest what is the response you are predicting and then gave an answer too anyway?. No need to start telling me what I was going to say.

And you have swung from talking about terrorism in Thailand and the police response to stop the boats in the UK and let's put bullets in their heads anyway.

Seriously, happy to debate the theme of the thread but there is no point if its going turn into an immigration thread (again ) . May aswell bin the thread.
What the fuck are you talking about? Boats?

Ok mate. let's stop the conversation.

'may as well bin the thread' - grow the fuck up.

Taken across the board the police are doing two totally different jobs depending on the area in which they work. One of our reasons for getting out of Brum was the increasingly violent turn that the city and surrounding areas had taken, due in the main to drugs and gangs. Not saying there aren't drugs down here, because they are everywhere, but the police here are on holiday by comparison with their inner city colleagues. The local nick has been shut to the public for five years, and is used for a base for police officers and has flats that are used for inner city cops and families to come for a break from their duties in tough inner city area, as a sort of rehab. Not seen a copper in ages, just the occasional pretend copper in the holiday season. Don't know if the pay structure is the same, but if it is I'd be pretty pissed off to be a London Birmingham Manchester cop etc, having to deal with their shit as opposed to the lot where we live.

my eldest daughter as just got a another ofsted award at the newtown school, shes a trojan in the education game, what she,s done there and in saltly and adderley is wonderful, 4 awards in a year, they are all inner city nursery schools,,you have to know, what its all about, it can be dangerous.. ya,, as well, she is a villa supporter and played for the villa ladies, at the start,,seanie