The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 155 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

Just have a nasty feeling there'll be no individual accolades or England call up for him. The biggest injustice in recent memory if he isn't Premier League Player of the Season and on the plane to the Euro's.

You know I actually think he'd win the PFA Players Player of the Year.

Surely has to win something outside of the club for the year he has had. He has had a better season than anyone in the Top 5 lists for goals or assists.

Just have a nasty feeling there'll be no individual accolades or England call up for him. The biggest injustice in recent memory if he isn't Premier League Player of the Season and on the plane to the Euro's.

You know I actually think he'd win the PFA Players Player of the Year.

Surely has to win something outside of the club for the year he has had. He has had a better season than anyone in the Top 5 lists for goals or assists.

He's got to be a contender for some of these awards. The only striker comparable is Haaland who hasn't had a great season by his normal standards and doesn't offer anything outside his goalscorering. This year Ollie has been the full package.

If he actually does win something like the PFA player of the year or something like that is it a better achievement than when Mcgrath win it in 93? Obviously God is the better player but in reality could any of us envisioned talking about Watkins being in contention for player of the season 12 months ago?

He's got to be a contender for some of these awards. The only striker comparable is Haaland who hasn't had a great season by his normal standards and doesn't offer anything outside his goalscorering. This year Ollie has been the full package.

If he actually does win something like the PFA player of the year or something like that is it a better achievement than when Mcgrath win it in 93? Obviously God is the better player but in reality could any of us envisioned talking about Watkins being in contention for player of the season 12 months ago?
In my humble, it should be Ollie for the main award and Cole Palmer for the Young Player.

Oliie has been a revelation this season and his stats (and indeed all-round performances) have been incredible. And Palmer has single-handedly dragged a shit Chelsea team into European contention, albeit with 8 or 9 penalty goals.

It was interesting to see a couple of respected journos (Sam Wallace and Darren Lewis, I think it was) commenting that Ollie was a strong contender for POTY. And Wallace even went on to say how much he loves watching Super John McGinn - he knows his stuff!!

There's a bloke who does the Bournemouth Vlog "Back of the Net" who is very good and many of the Bournemouth fans on it were singing Ollie's praises, very level-headed fans, considering they have Solanke who you'd think being footy fans they would have the normal bias towards their own but they don't.

Last edited:
I don't know about should he go to the Euros, its more of a case of he should be starting alongside Kane. Get Foden Bellingham Rice and Saka behind them and we may even get away with the clown running the circus playing Maguire

I don't know about should he go to the Euros, its more of a case of he should be starting alongside Kane. Get Foden Bellingham Rice and Saka behind them and we may even get away with the clown running the circus playing Maguire
Wonder if we could get a consensus on picking an England team on here.

BTW SJM doesn't qualify :ROFLMAO:

Wonder if we could get a consensus on picking an England team on here

I generally DGAF about England but I certainly don't with negative horse face in charge.

What is that miserable ****** going to be able to teach Ollie about anything that Unai hasn't already done in his last 12 months?

Southgate just has his consistent favourites who he says 'he can trust' so fuck him, he'll be gone after the summer and then the likes of Ollie, Konza and pretty soon Ramsey and Rogers can enjoy being part of a proper set up that actually tries to win games.