The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

The worst thing is I've got a grandson know and not only have I stopped my own son going, my grandson won't be going either. That's three generations and I bet there's a hell of a lot like me.

I thought the late seventies and certain parts of the eighties were bad but I still loved my football club. I still do but don't mind so much getting beat while Ashley owns the club. Even he now invested and won a cup or summat it would feel like a hollow victory.

Vin i know what you mean. I find myself in a strange place where if we get beat i dont care and that would have been unthinkable 10 years ago when a defeat meant two days of hufffing. In my mind its not NUFC anymore its Newcastle Direct and i equate any defeat as pain for Ashley and those that have enabled him to rip the soul out of a club i once loved.

Yep, used to define my weekend, flying if we won, despondent if we lost, the feeling would continue through until Monday morning, I would also consume every single bit of news about us. These days I just look at the news in hope he's lost face somewhere, fair play to that lad, seeing him feeling uncomfortable in that footage means more to me than winning a game these days.

Finding myself in keeping with recent comments here.

En route to Chester races 2 weeks ago (did crap- but- hey - thanks for asking) there was a fair few Liverpool supporters in shirts. “Early kick off lads?” “Yeah” “right - who you playing?”. Hearing my accent, they clearly thought I was taking the piss before telling me it was Newcastle.

Probably says it all as far as where I’m at. I literally couldn’t give a proverbial.

Back on point with the thread, I don’t see anything in this flawed prospectus that offers anything more (perhaps even less) than what Ashley is doing now. It’s basically asking Newcastle fans to “meet the new boss ... same as the old boss”. And the title of that song couldn’t be more apt.

It seems we have different views of the prospectus.

The first thing is that is has not been done as professionally as it could, not the description of Bruce that was clearly written about Benitez. on the other hand, it does give a clue as to how long it has been in the planning.

They could have lifted some ideas from my own site (not saying they did).

There is talk of revenue growth which is entirely feasible. Remember that Ashley has paid bugger all to advertise his retail arm. You could look at so many other commercial revenue streams than have been tapped into, especially if the owners are not a toxic brand.

The target is commercial and TV revenues, NOT screwing the supporters, thus could generate plenty of goodwill and support.

In terms of generating funds for player purchases, then there is much that can be done in changing Ashley's buying for cash and selling in instalments.

Could this go ahead?

In my opinion, not by any means. The price and payment terms don't give Ashley any real advantage.

The prospectus, in my opinion, has been lazily written with finger in the wind projections and leaving some key issues unaddressed. However, it does act as something of a pointer for anyone with serious money who wants to take a medium term view towards a potential investment for exceptional capital growth.

So in summary Rex, Ashley is a first class **** with zero intention of selling and we all know it, this was released by his PR mate to keep people like that the other day from daring to tell him the truth in public rather than promote his lies like Sky etc, doesn’t like the truth does he, so his response is more lies, fcuking tiresome twat.

The model of having managers like Bruce; having a chief scout to scour Europe - ending up with cheap imports from France by and large - then selling for profit and having a limited ambition looks similar to Ashley to me and has brought the current owner nothing but bottom half finishes in all but 1 lucky season; out of cups at earliest opportunity and 2 (and counting) relegations.

So in summary Rex, Ashley is a first class **** with zero intention of selling and we all know it, this was released by his PR mate to keep people like that the other day from daring to tell him the truth in public rather than promote his lies like Sky etc, doesn’t like the truth does he, so his response is more lies, fcuking tiresome twat.
You put it much more concisely than I.

The only thing to add in is whether Kenyon could be using this group as a stalking horse for someone else with more money but that would be wishful thinking.

Martin Samuel is his mate and was asked to put out that garbage a few days after he's confronted by a fan in the street, yet again, utter horseshit peddled by his sycophants in an attempt to deflect from what an awful owner and person he is.

I reckon if it was worth north of £300m someone would have bought it by now. Imagine how much would need to be spent to challenge for the top 4 where the real money is. Even then look at Spurs for example right now, there are no guarantees. I always remember the old saying, to make a small fortune in football you need to start with a big one (or something like that).

And that is the crux of the matter CTM. The only person who values the club at that valuation is the owner. To Ashley, (and I have to agree) for him only it is a snip. He gets Sky money in excess of £100m, has advertising his business at a rate way below the market value, merchandising and replica strips and season ticket income year on year, International rugby games using the facilities, Ed Sheeran sell out concerts this year at the ground, others planned. To rub supporters noses in it he also sold land outside the gallowgate end for £9m. To anyone thinking about a purchase they soon find out it's not lock, stock and barrel in the brochure. Ashley wants to retain all what has been transferred to other companies under the guise of NUFC marketing, media etc. A drop to where them lot 'down the road' are is in my opinion the only way he'll go.

And that is the crux of the matter CTM. The only person who values the club at that valuation is the owner. To Ashley, (and I have to agree) for him only it is a snip. He gets Sky money in excess of £100m, has advertising his business at a rate way below the market value, merchandising and replica strips and season ticket income year on year, International rugby games using the facilities, Ed Sheeran sell out concerts this year at the ground, others planned. To rub supporters noses in it he also sold land outside the gallowgate end for £9m. To anyone thinking about a purchase they soon find out it's not lock, stock and barrel in the brochure. Ashley wants to retain all what has been transferred to other companies under the guise of NUFC marketing, media etc. A drop to where them lot 'down the road' are is in my opinion the only way he'll go.

Would take a drop down a few divisions in a heartbeat.It would be 2 for the price of 1.Get rid of Ashley as he wont fancy League 1 and his loss of TV money and would also rid us of the day tripper Premier League fan we have now.
They dont follow Newcastle United.If they did they wouldn't go.They love Premier League football which is why Ashley can do what he wants.As long as they get that nothing matters.
They support Ashley by going and the fucking excuses they use is ridiculous.I have 4 sons and I dont need to go to the match to spend time with them.I have family and dont need to go to the match to spend time with them either.
They go because they want to and nothing will stop them.If we go down they will go as will Ashley.A double bonus for anyone wanting to go back after Ashley is gone,you wont have to sit next to a scab.

Most, if not all on here Keggy, realise that. You only have to look back at the threads relating to takeovers. TV revenue is the carrot. Take that away and it's a whole new ball game.

Most, if not all on here Keggy, realise that. You only have to look back at the threads relating to takeovers. TV revenue is the carrot. Take that away and it's a whole new ball game.

I’d be interested to know where those who still attend have crawled. The same ones who support Lascelles and berated me for years. The ones who posted over 300 posts about me without response. They know who they are. They hid behind different usernames originally, now they can’t even do that.

Commentator on television telling there has been made a fresh new bid?
Don't know if he said €400 million or pounds...
At the other hand....he knows shit about Newcastle United, so must be a 'rumour'