The Lucas Digne Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Lucas Digne Thread

I was pretty much screaming at the tv to get him on for Moreno who was having a nightmare 2nd half and was being targeted. Can’t say it was with a mind to score a winner lol, but we needed his defensive quality.

I’m not getting into he is better or not than Moreno overall but right now he is better. Has been better when comparing them this season.

Time for him to start ahead of Moreno.
Yup Moreno looks as if missing pre season has counted against him. Mind you he wasn't getting much help from Rogers who went awol once he got booked.

Digne has improved a lot this season. Another coaching masterclass.

Yup Moreno looks as if missing pre season has counted against him. Mind you he wasn't getting much help from Rogers who went awol once he got booked.

Digne has improved a lot this season. Another coaching masterclass.
Was he really told to find a new club due to our finances earlier in the season - FACT apparently
:lol:

Digne is our best left back. Moreno might be Emery's guy but Digne is better defensively and not much between them offensively either. Digne has to start against Spuds and play Moreno against Ajax.

Great goal by Digne, part of a plan and Moreno’s already had one or two from the same position. Can’t say one is better than the other, both excellent for me.

Great goal by Digne, part of a plan and Moreno’s already had one or two from the same position. Can’t say one is better than the other, both excellent for me.
Why it’s laughable for footballing reasons people want to sell him. We will not get a better so called ‘back up’ to Moreno . We would be downgrading for the money we would want to spend.

Why it’s laughable for footballing reasons people want to sell him. We will not get a better so called ‘back up’ to Moreno . We would be downgrading for the money we would want to spend.

Agree - I really rate Digne - good pro - vastly experienced at the highest - a whole host of international caps.

Sadly though I do feel there is a good chance he will be sold in the summer.

Agree - I really rate Digne - good pro - vastly experienced at the highest - a whole host of international caps.

Sadly though I do feel there is a good chance he will be sold in the summer.
And that’s fine . If it’s for financial, player request etc.

But for footballing reasons , absolutely not.

I'd start him ahead of Moreno, but in fairness to the Spaniard he has struggled since his injury and Torres being out of the side.

Morenos only scored 4 goals since he came back, He needs dropping.
Yesterday is an example of Unai getting it wrong, away at Luton he should have started Digne, there again this is more Hindsight as in the first half Luton were well beaten with Moreno playing left back in a traditional style if you like.
Unai was very bullish yesterday and wouldn't swap him or Bailey or Youri out until it was 2-2. This was either genius or stupidity on his part.
I think to a fan we'd have made the subs before Luton inevitably scored, which was coming all the second half.

We won so was Unai right or just lucky?

Morenos only scored 4 goals since he came back, He needs dropping.
Yesterday is an example of Unai getting it wrong, away at Luton he should have started Digne, there again this is more Hindsight as in the first half Luton were well beaten with Moreno playing left back in a traditional style if you like.
Unai was very bullish yesterday and wouldn't swap him or Bailey or Youri out until it was 2-2. This was either genius or stupidity on his part.
I think to a fan we'd have made the subs before Luton inevitably scored, which was coming all the second half.

We won so was Unai right or just lucky?
HT appears the obvious turning point , they tweaked things and focused attacking down their right wing and we didn't react quick enough. It was wave after wave of attack, plus we gave away too many free kicks and corners all playing into their main strategy of attack.

I bet this is the first time in his career that Digne has ever been called better defensively, all the pieces I've ever seen about him are about his crosses and attacking play, just the same as Moreno is an attacking fullback.
Truth is neither is a tough tackling left back, are they? Both have different qualities going forward where Moreno shades it overall and both are weaker defensively where Digne being a more robust man shades that.
Truth is neither is very good at defending or even renowned for their defending

Mr reliable this season. Moreno gives us an extra dimension and I think Unai will pick him more often then not when fit but you can slot Digne in against anyone and he'll do the job.

Great header. Great moment.

Mr reliable this season. Moreno gives us an extra dimension and I think Unai will pick him more often then not when fit but you can slot Digne in against anyone and he'll do the job.

Great header. Great moment.
Both players have got around the back and scored at back post etc - great having both available to switch and change. The sum of two is better than the one for these pair for sure