The player who left thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I’ve been one of his biggest critics in the past few years, but he is really starting to look like a proper footballer over the past month or so. He’s playing on both sides of the ball and reaping the rewards. He also looks fitter and stronger.
Pray that this is his maturing phase and that we can reap the rewards for years to come.
As with any creative player, he’s going to have quiet/ineffective matches, but if he keeps up with the hard work then that is forgivable...

Worrying comment from Philips on Sky after the game that the "big boys" will be looking at him soon so how long will he stay?

DeanoVilla - 12/2/2018 10:30

How good was Jack yesterday?!?!

Unbelievably good is the answer!!!! He should be in the next England squad if he keeps up this form, I don't care if he's not playing in the top flight.

Good shout. It's got nothing to do with what division he's in...would you rather see him in the shirt than Jordan Henderson or Fabian Delph? I know I would. Southgate will play it safe, but I'd love to see JG in as a sub

we have always known he can glide past players like they are not there but im really pleased with how much stronger he is on the ball now.

He still goes down a lot but at the right times and for good reason, he no longer goes to ground with every brush and I was so impressed how he bossed their big carthorse for strength at times. He's really developing into a player we thought was there. Hope he keeps it up, nothing like getting behind one of our own!

Aston Villa are represented in the latest Football League team of the week that has been selected following the clash with Birmingham City.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524304">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

See he's in good company; Adama made it after scoring both goals in 'boro's defeat of Reading. If he really has found his scoring boots then he could be some player.

Yes, it's only a matter of time before the 'big boys' will be sniffing around but I'd be surprised if he went anywhere.

Next season he'll be playing for his boyhood club in the PL, why should he want to go anywhere?....

Yes, it's only a matter of time before the 'big boys' will be sniffing around but I'd be surprised if he went anywhere.

Next season he'll be playing for his boyhood club in the PL, why should he want to go anywhere?....

Pride of Lions - 12/2/2018 19:31

Had a similar thought about Jack after the game yesterday i thought about HL saying after the Burton game that Jack Grealish poses us a problem and that actually there is a problem with Jack. If he carries on the way he is going the problem will be keeping hold of him.

One of the things that is setting Jack apart at the moment is his first touch. All top players have a top drawer first touch but Jacks is exquisite . Never looks in doubt that he will control the ball often taking it foward in one movement.

Melon Donkey - 12/2/2018 22:40

One of the things that is setting Jack apart at the moment is his first touch. All top players have a top drawer first touch but Jacks is exquisite.

I'd even go a step further his touch is better than many top players which I think comes down to his lack of pace.

Lack of pace? I'd never have levelled that at him to be fair. He was leaving people for dead on Sunday.

It's not one of his main strengths but I wouldn't particularly say it was a weakness either.

DeanoVilla - 13/2/2018 07:25

Lack of pace? I'd never have levelled that at him to be fair. He was leaving people for dead on Sunday.

This. He's deceptively quick. If I was John Cusack in Con Air I'd say he was languid, mellifluous even.

Speed of thought beats sheer pace.

If I was Sir David Attenborough I would say he's like a gazelle. But with better hair.

What I like about the new Jack Grealish is that he has finally matured. The media seems to of picked up on the fact that JT mentors him and they have become good mates. This is exactly what I was looking for from JT.

A lot of credit must go to JT, but Jack is now filling out and reaching his undoubted potential.

How freak kidney injury and John Terry have helped rejuvenated Jack Grealish fuel Aston Villa's promotion push.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/how-freak-kidney-injury-john-12016753

Looks like signing Terry was a masterstroke , and not just for his footballing ability.

Could easily get over the top about how good Jack is/could become, but his form in the last couple of months is unbelievable. If true that SB was going to build a team around him this season, who knows where we'd be if not lost him for those months.

He definitely gets less attention here than if he was elsewhere though. When Dwight Yorke ferked off to Manure, the press suddenly declared that Utd had unearthed a genius - but he was doing exactly what he'd done for us for years. Same with Jack - if he went to Spuds or Citeh, the football world would be going crazy about him and would be at Real Madrid in a year. Thank fk he's a proper Villa fan.

Gazgecko - 13/2/2018 22:07

DeanoVilla - 13/2/2018 07:25

This. He's deceptively quick. If I was John Cusack in Con Air I'd say he was languid, mellifluous even.

Speed of thought beats sheer pace.

If I was Sir David Attenborough I would say he's like a gazelle. But with better hair.

:1: