The player who left thread | Page 386 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Sums up what I was going to say about Jack - he's not the brightest. He didnt think before he answered, he just answered. Im with Mike on this just a throw away comment.

Also worth mentioning - "be great to play under him" - where? Roma? He's not going back to Chelsea, Spurs, United and City won't have him. He probably won't go back to Madrid and Barca arent going to hire. List of clubs good enough to lure him away rapidly dwindling if we think its Jose that will be managing.
I was thinking the same thing. Mourinho is the perfect manager for him to say that about. He's not going to any of the biggest clubs in England or Spain. Maybe he has insider knowledge that if/when Dean Smith does eventually move on that Terry will take over and bring in Jose as his assistant....
:smoke:

Also worth saying @gmvillan, and maybe I am just on old football romantic but I don't get any of the allure of any English team other than Villa for Jack. City is purely a decision to play for Pep. The mystique of United has been well and truly crushed.

He has the bit of maverick about him that he could carry Madrid or Barca.

IMO it would be deeply sad for football, not just Villa, us, and him if his decision to leave Villa meant he went to Liverpool, London or Manchester.

I just see Jack as the last of a style of football that is dead, one where players were given true freedom e.g. Zidane, Ronaldinho, Figo etc. An era and generation of multiple iconic players. Ronaldo and Messi are the only real icons now IMO.

Also worth saying @gmvillan, and maybe I am just on old football romantic but I don't get any of the allure of any English team other than Villa for Jack. City is purely a decision to play for Pep. The mystique of United has been well and truly crushed.

IMO it would be deeply sad for football, not just Villa, us, and him if his decision to leave Villa meant he went to Liverpool, London or Manchester.

I just see Jack as the last of a style of football that is dead, one where players were given true freedom e.g. Zidane, Ronaldinho, Figo etc. An era and generation of multiple iconic players. Ronaldo and Messi are the only real icons now IMO.
I wouldn't begrudge him a move IF it were to be playing at the very top level. Having said that, he wouldn't be guaranteed that except for at City, Barca or maybe Madrid. He could go to PSG, but that French league is pants, so his only true top level competition is in the Champions League.
Unfortunately history isn't on our side, not only with Villa, but in general terms. Messi has been a one-club player, but he started at the top so it hardly counts. And then you have Terry, Lampard and Gerrard in England, but again they were winning things consistently. Other than that you have to go back to LeTissier in England as examples of one-club players who have not been at the Sky Six.
My hope for Jack is the same as my hope for Villa - can we break in to that top 4/6 and be playing in Europe during his prime years? It's a huge and difficult step to take......

Agree it would be a sad day if a historic club like villa can’t keep its best home grown player. We know money talks in most cases but he is villa through and though. Reading occasional Twitter posts I think a lot of opposition fans respect him for staying at villa, it’s only the pundits and the plastic top 6 fans who want him to move. Pundits criticise him for a lack of ambition but moving to Man City would be the easy way to success and would be quite hollow. Look at what he did for us in the championship when he could have left but instead decided to up his game and get us promoted instead, now that is a truly legendary act… joining the biggest budget team and playing a bit part role to win the league is not.

When he received the ball from Pickford, turned and ran in such an 'easy' motion, it was fabulous skill.

If it was Mason Mount or Foden they wouldn't have shut up about it, Jack does it all the time. Shame his teammates don't realise how good he is and give him passes like that all the time

If it was Mason Mount or Foden they wouldn't have shut up about it, Jack does it all the time. Shame his teammates don't realise how good he is and give him passes like that all the time
Apparently only Pickford received less passes than Jack last night. I know he'll work with what he's given but fuck's sake lads.

Apparently only Pickford received less passes than Jack last night. I know he'll work with what he's given but fuck's sake lads.

Didn't know that but my eyes were telling me they were avoiding giving him the ball, as one of them could make way for him is the only reason I can see. There's a little clique there and Jack is not in it. Only Kane seems to get involved with him