The player who left thread | Page 124 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Because so much of our game tends to go through him It's become pretty clear that other teams managers have instructed players to hack him down at any opportunity and because of the sheer incompetence displayed by refs in this poxy league every week they nearly always get away it.

He needs better protection with Dean Smith having a word with refs before games (If possible?) and he can help himself with full shinpads instead of the junior-sized ones he likes to wear.

This shin pad thing with Jack.

I accept that he has these smaller than normal shin pads. But if you look at players now the shin pads they wear are generally worthless. They don't have ankle protection and are still small. I imagine it's something to do with freedom of movement and not wanting big cumbersome pads and ankle protectors like most of us that played on a Saturday and Sunday used to wear.

This shin pad thing with Jack.

I accept that he has these smaller than normal shin pads. But if you look at players now the shin pads they wear are generally worthless. They don't have ankle protection and are still small. I imagine it's something to do with freedom of movement and not wanting big cumbersome pads and ankle protectors like most of us that played on a Saturday and Sunday used to wear.
A copy of the Yellow Pages down each sock

I liked DS's statement about Grealish and making him captain; " The armband isn’t a burden to him and I thought it’s a good statement for the future and for him".

To me that says we'll keep him if at all possible.