The Greatest Manager Impact Wise | Vital Football

The Greatest Manager Impact Wise

Sir

Vital Youth Team
I am pleased to inform that all my issues have been settled. So I am back.

Now I want to talk about the 1 man I believe has made the greatest impact on our game.
In fact he's a manager I rather detest but it doesn't blind me to the fact that his contribution will last far longer than even the greats we have called in years past, Chapman, Shankly, Paisely, Clough and Ferguson. And there's no doubt his name also joins this elite list.
He is Arsene Wenger, On a day he announces his decision to retire, let us not forget it was him that reshaped the game.
Gone were chicken and fish and chips served before games, rather food that were scientifically proven to produce better performance. It was him that made the use of science in game and others have had no choice but to follow. A look at fitness levels and the types of therapy needed.
That's surely his greatest impact, it changed the mindset and the way the modern footballer operates. It was something he picked up in Japan.
And despite my dislike of him for being a prat and refusing to see the faults of his players or even his stubbornness, I have yet to come across a player under him who had bad things to say about him.
George Weah the Liberian President who played under him briefly, said he had the greatest impact on him. Arsene was truly the father figure to his players and I would even go so far to say, he's one who made the greatest impact to kick out racism in the game. I remember one match against Leeds after their players were found to have done in a black person, Wenger promptly named an Arsenal team comprised entirely of Black players.
Don't forget that when he joined in the 90s, Black players were still getting stick all around Europe.

So I Wish the man a Happy Retirement and his contributions to the game will never be forgotten.

Welcome back Rom (Sir Rom if you prefer...which, coincidentally of course, spells Morris backwards.
Anyway...I digress...in answer to the title it’s Shankly for me.

In terms of impact on the game and the way it was played, the emphasis on the psychology of the game, and, for good measure, success in both Spain and Italy: Helenio Herrera for me. A genuine game changing manager: the godfather of catenaccio

For me Jimmy Sirrel & Neil Warnock. I don't think any other managers could take a team like Notts County or any other team from the lowest division to the highest in consecutive seasons.:cheers:

Latest Rams News