Good Morning Thread | Page 403 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Well I've hit the final brick wall, after a week of struggling badly with my back, and after seeing a top consultant in Harley street I'm committed to having a nerve decompression and rebuild operation - simply got to the point of being able to life/work normally as I'm on my own for most of the week now - this all stems from a mad bad car accident many years ago - I've managed it for a long time now through various episodes but as I said have finally reached my limit.

Looks like I'll schedule it for Feb/march time (have to lose weight and get as fit as I can as this will help recovery)..just got to hope it works, if it doesn't life may simply not be worth living lol!

Have to say, this new variant has everyone in my local trust very worried, we have to do everything we can now to keep it from becoming dominant - the race to try and build a vaccine that can figt it has already started, but the scientist I know are extremely worried about this type of new genetic shift, it could cause a whole new covid wave that cannot be stopped..so be safe all!
Ex , bloody hell mate , you are going through it lately .
Best of luck with the getting fit , I just hope your back allows you to do that .
It’s not the best time of year , either , for losing weight .
I really do wish you well.
Are they confident the operation will improve your problems , I really hope so .
This is one situation where the proverbial “take it easy “ sign off isn’t appropriate.,

so ….. Good luck mate …. Will have to do .

Well I've hit the final brick wall, after a week of struggling badly with my back, and after seeing a top consultant in Harley street I'm committed to having a nerve decompression and rebuild operation - simply got to the point of being able to life/work normally as I'm on my own for most of the week now - this all stems from a mad bad car accident many years ago - I've managed it for a long time now through various episodes but as I said have finally reached my limit.

Looks like I'll schedule it for Feb/march time (have to lose weight and get as fit as I can as this will help recovery)..just got to hope it works, if it doesn't life may simply not be worth living lol!

Have to say, this new variant has everyone in my local trust very worried, we have to do everything we can now to keep it from becoming dominant - the race to try and build a vaccine that can figt it has already started, but the scientist I know are extremely worried about this type of new genetic shift, it could cause a whole new covid wave that cannot be stopped..so be safe all!
Bleedin hell Ex how much more shit you going to face, feel for you man!

But I also know you'll face it down and come out the other end better, good luck with the opp!

All the best mate, we ALL! feel for you.

Morning all
. Cold and bright .
that’s me and the weather .
Knee is vastly improved . I slept all night without pain waking me up. Can only be good, especially as Friday is approaching ,,and I won’t have to take a painkiller!!! :hehe:.

I will be looking to put the outside lights up this weekend . I still think it’s too early , but they are up everywhere we go now .
There is a house around the corner that I’m sure can be seen from Space .
It is a work of art .
Funny how you never actually see them being put up.
Except when I do them ,,and everyone and their dog walks past and says thing like , “you will only have to take them down again soon “
…… or …… you won’t catch me doing doing that , waste of time if you ask me !” …. Which I wasn’t !
Bah humbug still lives and thrives .
It’s only for the old folk isn’t it !

I don’t put many lights up, it’s all very tasteful . No herds of reindeer ,,or giant Santa’s.
Ah !

Hope you are all ok . Take care . Look after each other . Have a good day .

You are on a different planet on this one Nick .
I cannot see where you are coming from .

Ground control to Nick , ………….

An example of an insensitive question kicking a man when he's down. Like will you ever play golf again in your life?
I found it funny in an Alan Partridge kind of way.....do you want me to explain that one an all ?.

Changing the subject

Was looking for an exotic plant to get my missus this xmas (seriously) and came across this being advertised on Amazon

View attachment 53829

Its apparently a Melon Pumpkin
Isn’t nature wonderful !
I think you may have spelt EXOTIC wrong although the X and the R are not near each other .
Predictive text maybe ?

Blimey Greavesie, as Walt said that is exotic/erotic.

How is the knee nowadays Walt, keep taking
the pills. Hopefully it will improve sooner rather than later.

Ex, sorry to hear about your impending back op, must be very painful at the moment, fingers crossed that the end justifies the means with the op. Good luck.

How is everything within the Pompey household, all kitchen appliances, sofa and lino all ticketyboo.

Wife had her booster jab yesterday, had to go into the next county to have it done at a car museum, got mine this afternoon.

Not much else going on, Christmas tree is up and decorated, most of the outdoor lights are still there from last year, and probably the year before that. Made a couple of vegan Christmas puddings last week, hoping they won't be a waste of good rum.

A lovely sunny day here if not a bit of a chilly wind, take care and look after one another

Afternoon all, hope your all keeping good, well as best as best can be accepted.

That's great to hear Walt that you had a decent nights sleep, no pain in that bloody knee of yours.

As for your Chrimbo lights, get em up there, it does cheer peops up.

Regards Chrimbo lights when Mrs PY and me moved into/bought our gaff 25 years ago, we were basically the babies age wise, all of em retired, some happy some miserable twats.
Have loads of comical stories about the miserable twats lol!

Anyway, that first Chrimbo I put up a lit up sign "Griswalds are ere!" with loads of icicle lights, basically went way over the top (small fortune paid out), but what a reaction we had, mainly thumbs up, we even had some nuns come round to ask if it was ok to sing a carol service outside, thumbs up there.

Local kids from over the back of us thought Santa lived here, so the mums used to threaten em with me lol! more great stories there, me as Santa.

An older gent who had cancer and only a few months to live, said from his wheelchair, he come up to have a look, that our lights brightened the whole area up and put smiles on peops boatraces and asked if I would continue lighting up every Chrimbo after he had passed away, which I agreed to do.

That was 25 years ago, carried on lighting up until 4 years ago, but after a new estate further down our way was finished, about 8 years ago, the cutting wires of the lights started, funny as fcuk to some bloody numpty idiot, this went on for about 3 Chrimbo's, so stopped doing it as it was starting to cost money, so some prick ruined it for others.

lijaboc thanks for the question, yep kitchen all tickety boo now, just ordered n paid for a complete new Stressless suite for her who should be obeyed lol!, wont arrive for about 12 weeks, coming from Norway.
All individually made to what you ask for, 8 types of Leather choices, 70 colour choices, wood frames with 8 colour choices or Suite in material with wood or stainless frame.

Off now, got to cook/prepare lunch for Mrs PY.

Keep safe n sound all and hope we are are all smiling about 9.20 tonight after the game.

Not sure yet, everything will depend on the outcome of the op.

Fingers crossed mate after 30 years playing golf in Scotland on some wonderful courses, when we moved back down south I had to give up due to back probs.....stupidly falling off a ladder when sober and damaging Number 2 vertibrae Iif only I had been tipsy I would have been ok on 'landing'

Last edited:
Fingers crossed mate after 30 years playing golf in Scotland on some wonderful courses, when we moved back down south I had to give up due to back probs.....stupiodly falling off a ladder when sober and m\damaging Number 2 vertibrae .if only I had been tipsy I would have been ok on 'landing'

I can only say how sorry I am to hear that.

I'm still playing, I played the Oxfordshire last week and actually came in with a bandit total of 42 points - in difficult conditions, I played out of my skin, probably my best round this year!

I won. :-)

The problem is I am then a Quasimodo look-alike for the next few days and live on anti-inflammatories for a week and then see the chiro, a physio a sports masseur until the symptoms subside around 6-9 days after.

I try and keep myself fit and have private sessions with a PT 2-3 times a week, but I've reached the end of my tether now and have to get it sorted, I cannot face going into my last fifties trying to manage this as I have done since my car accident in France in the early 90's..

Obviously, I love golfing, but can't keep going through these cycles that seemingly are getting worse and worse each year!

I still play Table tennis and I'm currently hab=bving one on one sessions with a Premier League player/coach, but he works me hard and I find myself having the same post TT reaction as I do with golf.

I've had to give up Tennis last year, and need to stop the rot now! LOL!