The ghost of Theo | Vital Football

The ghost of Theo

Allow a Mackem to commend a smashing interview with Melissa Rudd, NCFC-supporting assistant producer at talkSPORT or, as some City fans have been reminding me they know it, talkS***e, at http://salutsunderland.com/2013/12/safc-v-norwich-who-are-you-the-worst-keeper-ive-ever-seen/

Sample:

"The worst player I’ve ever seen was Michael Theoklitos – a goalkeeper we signed from Melbourne Victory. He made one appearance for us – the infamous 7-1 defeat to Colchester in 2009. I’ve never seen a goalkeeping performance like it. It was like watching a schoolboy game where the ‘keeper had been sent off and all the subs had been made so an outfield player who’d never played in goal before was in between the sticks.

It got to the stage where a cheer erupted every time he touched the ball other than retrieving it from the back of the net. And that wasn’t very often! Worst signing ever."

Now that's what I call a fan. Thanks for this link salut. I wish you well for the rest of the season and hopefully staying up, though obviously not for Saturday!!

Good read , and yes I was one of the very unlucky 24,000 who witnessed Theos one and only appearance for us !

What happened to him on that day? Was it the whole occasion that got to him? I saw him in a couple of pre season games and he looked decent also we all watched the YouTube clips.

Dont think the defence helped him ! Strange that most of the side who played that day won promotion to the Championship

now plays for brisbane roar
once went 876 mins without conceding and was awarded a league goalkeeper of the year 2010/11 !