The Borehamwood 4 County 0 thread (videos once available) | Vital Football

The Borehamwood 4 County 0 thread (videos once available)

cropped

Vital Squad Member
So yeah.... County got tonked.

I did not go but let's look at the headwinds we faced here;

Mulhearn is not fit... Piggott who would have started you feel, was injured playing for Wigan (called back to play midweek... this is the reality of a part-time club ) so Bell was the only option (and I feel he is better suited in a front 2 rather than on his own).

Our number 1 keeper could not make the game... lorries don't just drive themselves you know! Apparently this will not be the only match Hinchliffe is likely to miss (again.. reality of a part-time club).

No axe to grind with Ormson but we needed a keeper on the bench .... so we get Stockport Towns keeper on loan... Iand it was he I saw during County's 10-0 win in pre-season. Presumably, this lad has not got a bad back from picking the ball out of the net?

Then some bad luck... Ash Palmer gets injured during the warm-up. It can happen of course... but with a strong bench as part of a competent 22 man squad say, then a suitable replacement could have covered.

We do not quite have that.

We need a point tonight at Solihull to stop the rot!
We need some investment in the playing squad.
We need our gaffer to be supported. No problems with consolidating this year. If we were to drop down I predict Jim would walk and the future for the club would look very dark indeed without new owners (who would have to have money AND the nest interests of the club at hearts.)

Cropped - keeping the faith but with the jitters.

Talk about down in the mouth. I hope Jim hasn't been promised X by the board and then only been given Y or even given nothing!

I would LOVE to know how we did as a company last year. Not sure how much will be in the public domain and not sure when year-end is for SCFC Ltd ( or whatever we are called) but I have a hunch our debts will be reducing quite quickly.

In other words there is now a pot to **** in! Time to 'open the taps' just a bit?

Latest County News