The Cricket Thread | Page 216 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Not having this philosophy at all.

Lost v the Aussies because of it and now throwing this series away.

If it’s a risk v reward thing , it’s failing.

When it goes right, it looks fabulous and goes SO right.

When it goes wrong, it really is horrific isn't it. No excuse after that outstanding innings by ...... name blank over 150 for the rest to crumble on such a good batting pitch. And if India could skittle us out in our second innings like they did, then how did we let them back into it when 33-3

Very disappointing.

Nevertheless.... look at our record since this approach, this (one assumes) will be our first test series defeat.

When it goes right, it looks fabulous and goes SO right.

When it goes wrong, it really is horrific isn't it. No excuse after that outstanding innings by ...... name blank over 150 for the rest to crumble on such a good batting pitch. And if India could skittle us out in our second innings like they did, then how did we let them back into it when 33-3

Very disappointing.

Nevertheless.... look at our record since this approach, this (one assumes) will be our first test series defeat.
Duckett

Cricket's equilvelent to Bielsa ball, just a matter of time before it fails.
All it is doing at the moment is making more time for the opposition to make more runs, knowing they can take their time and still have time to win the game.

So frustrating this,, no reason at all we couldn't have got at least another 100 runs. The hope is always there must be something in the pitch when there is a collapse isn't it. But nope.

If we can skittle a few out now, get them to their tail, then... but on the flipside, if we can't, India might not need to bother batting again!

Firstly .

Sir Jimmy Anderson :clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow:.

It bloody well should be !. Woefully unrecognised outside of cricket imho. And I just realised this . He has never won Sports Personality of the year which sums it up . Jokers.

Talking of jokers. I recognise that India is a hugely difficult place to tour . But time to ditch this stupid losing approach. It looks great at times but it’s crap overall. The big moments like the Ashes and these tours it fails . Fine margins at this level and small things like declaring in the first ashes test to bowl at Australia and go for it when we could have been pragmatic in that moment for the greater good are things that show why it’s ultimately flawed . Need to decide what we want to be ..winners or English plucky losers.

Firstly .

Sir Jimmy Anderson :clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow:.

It bloody well should be !. Woefully unrecognised outside of cricket imho. And I just realised this . He has never won Sports Personality of the year which sums it up . Jokers.

Talking of jokers. I recognise that India is a hugely difficult place to tour . But time to ditch this stupid losing approach. It looks great at times but it’s crap overall. The big moments like the Ashes and these tours it fails . Fine margins at this level and small things like declaring in the first ashes test to bowl at Australia and go for it when we could have been pragmatic in that moment for the greater good are things that show why it’s ultimately flawed . Need to decide what we want to be ..winners or English plucky losers.
Yep Well done to Anderson on taking 700 wickets but time to retire now I think .
The game is all over in 3 days, all Baz ball does is give the opposition time to beat us easily.
If you are going to play 50-over innings we may as well take the 50-over or 20-over team and forget test players like Root. (I'm trying to think of another one) Completely different formats, like 5-a-side football and 11-a-side