Team vs Sheffield Wed | Page 5 | Vital Football

Team vs Sheffield Wed

Three points is good but we are still poor and our style is slow, plodding and boring

I don't think this will work against super confident, dangerous and quick Ipswich

Butler saying same thing I did about DW when he said sainz is working on his defensive side. Butler says he is an attacking winger let him attack

Caller saying the DW way is awful.

It's just boring and if we sit back at Ipswich we will be 3 down in first minutes.

Says we just look scared to attack

The team is very unbalanced, disjointed snd that shows every game. Shows again how awful the lge really is tbh, were now 3pts off play off which on performances were miles off.

DW style is dross and things he says. Ive said before how good sainz looked again FFC in cup then hes hardly played since. DW trusts the same old shit players previous failed managers have but his style of playing is actually worse

DW style is dross and things he says. Ive said before how good sainz looked again FFC in cup then hes hardly played since. DW trusts the same old shit players previous failed managers have but his style of playing is actually worse
Agreed. He'll probably go and start onel over sainz on the weekend

DW after the game:

'Great win and Great result. We started very well, the boys really did a lot of things good on the front foot. We created lots of opportunities, scored a wonderful goal and then unfortunately, they didn't do it the easy way. We weren't able to extend the lead 2-0 or 3-0 and that would have made for a much more relaxed evening than it was. We did struggle on set plays. We knew this before the game that our team we selected would struggle, but we also knew the team we picked can create some opportunities, and if we play to our pattern and if we move the ball and be fluid. And I think this is what we did well all game. What really satisfied me though is if you don't do it the easy way then you have to be open to do it the hard way. To keep going, keep believing, keep pushing, keep the tempo high'

'It was overall a solid performance and defensively we were solid and always looked solid. We score three good goals.'

So DW and his staff knew that the 11 we picked would struggle all night with the Sheffield Wednesday set pieces - Brilliant. That will be the thinking again on the weekend, but Ipswich will probably score their chances - Sheffield W won every first ball in the box from the set pieces but failed to score.

On Sainz:

'Good performance and was very focused apart from one time in the match. He worked hard. He still has to learn how to defend in England and how we want him to defend. Top goal. We have seen it in training. His starting was planned and he hadn't been ready. We needed to build him up properly as he wasn't fit and wasn't ready with how we play football. Tonight was his moment to start.'

DW after the game:

On Sainz:

'Good performance and was very focused apart from one time in the match. He worked hard. He still has to learn how to defend in England and how we want him to defend. Top goal. We have seen it in training. His starting was planned and he hadn't been ready. We needed to build him up properly as he wasn't fit and wasn't ready with how we play football. Tonight was his moment to start.'
DW should cut him some slack. Duffy, Gibson and Hanley are still trying to learn how to do that.

A boring game.
It was difficult to tell the difference between when the players were keeping warm for 5 minute delay for Ref to go for a gravel and when the actual game continued afterwards.

DW should cut him some slack. Duffy, Gibson and Hanley are still trying to learn how to do that.
He doesn't tend to criticise the older players and defends them more. I've seen mentions from his past that he isn't a massive fan of playing youth and prefers the experience.

Great choice of manager then for a club needing to sell players at an early age !
Haha

The other funny thing is that he has now been told that we are now going to go down the youth route a few months after agreeing to go down the experienced route that he likes.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom.
just feels like we are all in a car that has a flat tyre or two and it is just bumbling along waiting for the next one to burst.

Everyone is going on about how we are in good form 4 wins from 6 (I think), which is good, but the performances have been utter dross and I believe I am right in saying in all of those wins and the draw that the other side had two or three golden chances to beat us or get the draw. The side we have played haven't been the cream of the league like Leicester, Ipswich, Southampton, Leeds and if would have been that form would have been totally shit.

It is horrible because I don't believe in this manager and I hate his style I have a part of me that is like 'lose today and he will go or be under more pressure, which is what I want' and the other half is the normal fan thinking of 'win please'.

It’s frustrating because sometimes you see flashes of class. However, alongside you have overcooked passes and sloppy play that makes you question whether they are really professional footballers.
Sadly, it’s the latter that predominates.