Team Vs saints | Page 6 | Vital Football

Team Vs saints

DW says it was a fantastic performance and we had so many chances to get goals.....did we?

He said we had to respect Southampton as they are so dangerous and we had to do this today.

Going on about how important Sargent and Hanley are and like new signings. All players back but they aren't fit so need more time before everyone is back.

Barnes out with a rest and he will start in the cup.

On Jan window he said haven't thought about it and we all need some days to rest and then talk about players....if that's true it's typical Norwich act late

Yes RM said is as flat as hes known the ground, its because DW has stunk the place out thats why. 4-5-1 at home should not ever happen in a lge game, understand it for a cup game against man city, but a lge game at home saints why?! And DW said hes happy his plan worked for a point, what a tosser. Is this how Norwich play now? Totally throw our footballing philosophy for all the yrs out the window through one idiot guy? Why is this being allowed to happen and all season?!

I have a feeling he'll use the same tactics/formation and style of play against hull and Leeds.

We are a mid table, negative club.

I find it funny that other club managers are talking about January in the positive sense....we are working on getting new players in to help us push on or to help get us out of relegation zone, but our boss laughed when asked about January and said he needs a break first and then in a week or so he'll sit with others and discuss possible targets.

I bloody hope we are past that phase and are close to signing targets.

I find it funny that other club managers are talking about January in the positive sense....we are working on getting new players in to help us push on or to help get us out of relegation zone, but our boss laughed when asked about January and said he needs a break first and then in a week or so he'll sit with others and discuss possible targets.

It was reported weeks ago that he had talked with the Sporting Director about targets. I hope the above relates to an update regarding getting players in and
not starting the transfer window from scratch.

It was reported weeks ago that he had talked with the Sporting Director about targets. I hope the above relates to an update regarding getting players in and
not starting the transfer window from scratch.
Same. Just DW laugh when asked about it as if it was an absurd question to ask

Bad tactics from Wagner but its first time for a while I have seen a bit of fight from the players. Should have gone for a win but tactics were negative at 1 1.
I was at wrong end for our second half attacking but was that a really good chance for Sainz ?

Bad tactics from Wagner but its first time for a while I have seen a bit of fight from the players. Should have gone for a win but tactics were negative at 1 1.
I was at wrong end for our second half attacking but was that a really good chance for Sainz ?
He should of scored definitely, although credit the gk also, but for me 3yards out he should be scoring

I see Hwang has been summoned again by south Korean police over the sex tape stuff. He had been summoned previously but didn't turn up after Xmas. I wonder if the club will stick with him if he gets arrested or goes to court.

South Korean national side have said he'll not be called up to the squad again until this has all been cleared up

I see Hwang has been summoned again by south Korean police over the sex tape stuff. He had been summoned previously but didn't turn up after Xmas. I wonder if the club will stick with him if he gets arrested or goes to court.

South Korean national side have said he'll not be called up to the squad again until this has all been cleared up
Needs to be there by Friday so not playing on Saturday.
I would start with Sarge on Saturday anyway and give him 60 mins.

DW on the game and how fans have to accept this is how we play against 'bigger and better clubs'

'Look, I can't do what the fans would like me to do. I have to do what I am convinced is the best way to win a football match. We were convinced that this is the shape and the formation which can bring us success. If you now look back at when they had the most clear-cut chances it was in the last 15 minutes, where we played with the four in the backline. If someone has a tactical view of this game it is quite easy to make sense of what we had to do to get a result against Southampton.'

He starts saying that best setup to get a win and then finishes with getting a result (draw or win).

'You shouldn’t be scared about making brave decisions and the biggest bravery was we were only able to work for six minutes on this on the training pitch. This was the only thing where I had a headache with. Not if this will be the right decision. We all, together, were always sure that this was the right decision. It was only can we do it with so limited time? You have to do the right things against certain opponents and obviously against the in form team in the league who play a certain style you have to adapt, and you have to make sure to set your team up in the right way. In the last nine days there is more or less no time for training, it is more about recovery. Our training session on Sunday was 45 minutes, there was a warm up and there was some unit work, one part of individual training, and the proper tactical work on the grass, where you were able to work intensely on what we could face with Southampton, was two three minute spells. Obviously we worked a little bit longer in the tactical walk through and in the video analysis. it was pretty clear and easily decided that we like to go with the 5-4-1 to limit the spaces in the pockets and obviously to limit the space in behind as well. This means, automatically, then you have less possession, and you have to be strong to keep some passes together to be good in the transition. From my point of view, it was a really fantastic performance. Very good what the players have shown and this is why I can say it was a tough point and a solid point.'

Sutton on the match and current Norwich:

I played in the old First Division and the Premier League for Norwich, I can remember taking some beatings but never setting up at home to not carry a threat. It is not what the club is about.

This is the club of Ken Brown, Dave Stringer, Mike Walker, Paul Lambert and Daniel Farke - attacking football has been woven into its very fabric. Shutting up shop shouldn't be in any Norwich manager's make-up.

Is this how Norwich are going to go forwards? Having 25 percent of possession, showing no real intent and being in retreat against another Championship side isn't going to win fans back. Someone needs to wake up, smell the coffee and realise that.

It cannot be the future, and it shouldn't be the present. Supporters want to see hope. Supporters want to see an expansive brand of football at home. That is not unreasonable.
Luton have carried a greater threat against Arsenal and Manchester City in the Premier League than Norwich did against Southampton in the Championship. That's embarrassing, I'm afraid.

Maybe I'm wrong or away with the fairies, but I've always associated Norwich with a team that tries to play positive, attacking football, that tries to develop young talent and wants to go toe to toe with anybody. Where has that club gone where?

Onel says the goal for him is still promotion. He also says that if we have no injuries then we will be able to push on for the top 6. He said that the squad believe they are able to make the playoffs.