Team vs M'Boro | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team vs M'Boro

It seems to me that our team are seriously unfit. They can dominate play for a few minutes and with a bit of luck score a goal. Great. Then so many are knackered that they have to back off to recover.

In the meantime, if the opposition gain possession the team wear themselves out chasing the ball, which slows them down and makes them vulnerable under attack. Opposition equalise and end up winning.

I don't know what goes on in the training ground but under Farke there was a lot of conditioning training. I suspect much of that has gone.

It seems to me that our team are seriously unfit. They can dominate play for a few minutes and with a bit of luck score a goal. Great. Then so many are knackered that they have to back off to recover.

In the meantime, if the opposition gain possession the team wear themselves out chasing the ball, which slows them down and makes them vulnerable under attack. Opposition equalise and end up winning.

I don't know what goes on in the training ground but under Farke there was a lot of conditioning training. I suspect much of that has gone.

thats a really good observation. i hadnt thought of the fitness levels but you are right they seem to be getting leggy very early in the games.
like you said a massive contrast to farkes teams where at this level it always felt like we had 10 more minutes in us than the other team

Or is it a case of what happened at Newcastle United under Ruud Gullitt? Their players could play well for part of the game and then didnt for another part of the game. Eventually their board changed the manager.

Its awful to watch, every single game is the same. Honestly we will be lucky to reach the play offs, i have no feelings for this season now, literally glad the wc is here so i can forget about ncfc, ill hate coming back to it as were so bad.

Look at our form any club with ambition and who believe this side is good enough to go up would act now.

Sleepy norwich will do nothing. Go away have a nice break and come back exactly the same.

Our team is unfit!! My observations term them as shit not unfit, I left the game yesterday feeling just bewildered, just dont care any longer totally fed up with it all, I honestly feel like giving up my season tickets.

Smith is only part of the problem. just sacking him and no-one else won’t solve a thing . The whole selfish , self interested , passionless and unambitious lot of them need to piss off and let us start all over again with the American investment

Our team is unfit!! My observations term them as shit not unfit, I left the game yesterday feeling just bewildered, just dont care any longer totally fed up with it all, I honestly feel like giving up my season tickets.

FFL. I feel exactly the same. I am beginning to think my love affair with NCFC is over. Maybe after 52 years it is time to split up.

Last season did me . To sit there watching humiliating defeats every home game , to sit there listening to away fans laughing and taking the piss out of our pathetic club and ourselves was simply not worth all the effort and hundreds of pounds spent on following NCFC. Now I sit there watching second rate boring Chumpionship football with the desperate hope that one day things will change and our club will move on to be a modern club of the 20s, but whilever the ancient backwards thinking Smiffs remain in charge there will be no change . I am very near to giving up

Luckily channel 4 showed the cricket today and I got more pleasure out of this game and semi final than the total of all games under the misdirection of the Smith and Shakey show.

How does Smtih get away with it?

After the season ended, he talked about us needing to do better when we don't have the ball.

Then in preseason he said that they were working on what they do when they don't have the ball (again) needing to close down teams quicker and get back into position.

Now after this game he goes on about the players not closing down when they are out of possession. He said it looked like they didn't do this enough. He then said this break will give him time to work with the players and get this sorted so that we are a totally different side when we get back'

What have you been working on?? I thought this was the big thing you were going to be doing. We can all see that nothing has changed since last season in that respect. We are always running backwards letting teams run at us and have space to do what they want.

If I did this, I would be sacked. Imagine me at work...

'Right, I've assed the issues and I can say this - I need to improve your IT security system. I need to get your firewall installed and your team trained on the most up to date cyber security threats.'

a year later.......

'Daniel why are we still getting hit by viruses and why are they team opening emails that aren't legit?'

'Yep, I need to improve your IT security system. I need to get your firewall installed and your team trained on the most up to date cyber security threats.'

'Daniel, you're joking, right?'

'Nope. Oh, I need a two week break in Tampa to get this sorted and when I get back your IT systems will be a different animal.'

'Daniel....you know where the door is.'

The only way this Norwich side is going to be a different beast is to get rid of you, delia, Michael, Cabin Boy, Zoe and Mr Mountains.