Team vs Crewe | Page 8 | Vital Football

Team vs Crewe

I occasionally have the exact same issue on a Windows PC. Buffers then displays a frozen picture. When I switch to a different device it works fine.

I don’t know the root cause, but I find that trying a few things usually resolve it:

1. Refreshing the page
2. Logging out and bank in to iFollow
3. Trying a different browser
4. Clearing cache

I wouldn’t point the finger at iFollow. I think it is a local issue.

Thanks to those who replied. Some of the things (different device, refreshing, logging in again) I have tried to no avail. I have done a bit of searching and that speed is pretty much what I can expect for basic broadband in my location across providers. I have just upgraded so another few quid to watch Gills but hopefully that's it. I don't watch netflix or any of the other stuff only iplayer but that sometimes buffers too so perhaps that will be sorted.

I'm still enjoying those 3 points and am feeling fairly chilled towards ifollow. The main problem probably not their fault but they stole quite a few tenners from people and have tried to shift blame to GFC. Not impressed with them at all. I promise not to post tripe about the US election until all the dust has settled in appreciation.

black screen buffering alternating with frozen picture buffering

Maybe someone in your village is watching an old-fashioned TV..?! :grinning:

Seriously though, the issue you're highlighting doesn't sound like a problem of iFollow or GFC's making. It could be due to factors inside OR outside your home. There are stacks of variables (too many to list) that can play a part in how good/bad your overall speeds are.

Assuming one of your laptops doesn't solely rely on wi-fi networking, my suggestion would be to buy a network cable (RJ-45 patch cable) & plug your laptop directly into your router to see if that helps. That'd be the first step to negating any dodgy in-home wi-fi signal issues.

If you get the same problem, it's likely an out-of-home problem between your house & the local exchange.

Doh! I see LockdownLife has already stated most of the above!

So, some other thoughts on potential in-house resolutions:

It could be that your Windows machine is downloading Windows Updates in the background... Stop that.

Try & minimise/close all your open web browser tabs (eg: close facebook/youtube etc)

Make sure that you don't have pointless programs open in Windows itself - click the little ^ next to the clock (bottom right corner) & close anything that seems unrelated to watching Gills win! :thumbup:

If you have an old laptop with crappy processing power, you might also want to consider disabling your anti-virus software as that can sometimes scan incoming data streams. This is a last resort though & isn't really recommended! Similarly, if you don't have anti-virus software, you should get some!

HTH you stop posting non-GFC guff as promised ;)

Thanks to those who replied. Some of the things (different device, refreshing, logging in again) I have tried to no avail. I have done a bit of searching and that speed is pretty much what I can expect for basic broadband in my location across providers. I have just upgraded so another few quid to watch Gills but hopefully that's it. I don't watch netflix or any of the other stuff only iplayer but that sometimes buffers too so perhaps that will be sorted.

I'm still enjoying those 3 points and am feeling fairly chilled towards ifollow. The main problem probably not their fault but they stole quite a few tenners from people and have tried to shift blame to GFC. Not impressed with them at all. I promise not to post tripe about the US election until all the dust has settled in appreciation.
Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

You're welcome 😊

Hit it.

I have done extensive research into boosting your wifi signal, below is the definitive answer to all weak signal problems.

Set up a wall of aluminum foil behind the router and watch the signal strength double.
Strangely it has the secondary benefit of stifling the signal during alien invasion.

:computer: