Team v West Ham is in | Page 6 | Vital Football

Team v West Ham is in

Did Willock actually get on the pitch for the warm up ?

I thought that GFC came out of that tie with credit. The game was nowhere near as one-sided as I feared it would be, especially after the publication of the team sheets !

However, I thought that West Ham were unconvincing and it was arguably two Gills` mistakes which ensured the Hammers` progress to round 4.

Well done to all, hopefully some of the casual attendees might return.

We played a near full strength EPL side last night and came out of the match with a lot of credit. Against high flying Ipswich and Portsmouth in L1, we let in an aggregate of one goal. It's up front not at the back where we are lacking.
We played a near full strength EPL side last night and came out of the match with a lot of credit. Against high flying Ipswich and Portsmouth in L1, we let in an aggregate of one goal. It's up front not at the back where we are lacking.

Agreed Wayne. We've actually got a solid defence these days. One good striker could make a lot of difference.

Agreed Wayne. We've actually got a solid defence these days. One good striker could make a lot of difference.
Agree with that too, I thought Tucker was immense last night, looked way more experienced than his age would suggest, what a find and good piece of work getting his contract extended.
I didn't think Bonham was as bad as some suggest although his decision making when coming off/staying on his line was a bit dubious at times
All in all a great performance. I said to nobby jnr before the match that before Moyes arrived, I'd have had us down as winners by the odd goal, with him in charge, I had us as losing by the odd goal so not massively disappointed, to be fair, we were brilliant first half an hour until we got into their box but could still be playing now without scoring.
All in all though, compared to the last time I saw The Gills (vs Charlton last season) we've made a massive improvement. The team look super fit, Hanlon looks so strong and I'm sure he'll come good and the defence look superb. Just need someone who can stick it in the onion bag and hold it up up front. (Mandron???) We do so well to get the ball forward quickly but, last night at least, it just didn't "stick" enough.

Nice bumping into Fox in the box and fox jnr 👋 and didnt my mate have a great game as 4th official? I've always believed in the adage that says if the officials don't get talked about, they've had a good game. 😉

Nice bumping into Fox in the box and fox jnr 👋 and didnt my mate have a great game as 4th official? I've always believed in the adage that says if the officials don't get talked about, they've had a good game.
Can you ask your friend why the 4th official doesn't run and warm up with the other three officials before a game? It's possible he could get called on after [say] ten minutes then pull a thing muscle because he hasn't warmed up.

Can you ask your friend why the 4th official doesn't run and warm up with the other three officials before a game? It's possible he could get called on after [say] ten minutes then pull a thing muscle because he hasn't warmed up.
I'll be sure to ask, he gets a lot stranger, more random questions than that I can tell you.