Team to be proud of | Vital Football

Team to be proud of

GillsBluenose

Vital Football Hero
It now occurs to me that what I have missed over the past 18 months is being able to say that, win, draw or lose, I am proud of my team.

We can debate about the quality of the players but since SL took over they always put in a shift and a team pattern seems to be emerging.

I also think there is no doubt SL is getting the best out of what he has got.

As I mentioned straight after the Plymouth defeat, we have to accept that we will still have games like that but I didn't feel the depression that has so often ruined my weekend in the recent past.

For that, Steve and the boys, I am truly and humbly grateful. :30:

Just don't let us be allocated a live match on national tv. We are invariably crap. When was the last time we played well enough for neutrals watching on tv to say "nice outfit that Gills"?

Phil, That's like saying Gills never win at so and so's ground or you never win after a manager of the month nomination. All supposed hoodoos are there to be broken. TV coverage brings good revenues and we have given great performances on TV. Bring 'em on I say.

GillsBluenose - 17/12/2017 14:35

It now occurs to me that what I have missed over the past 18 months is being able to say that, win, draw or lose, I am proud of my team.

We can debate about the quality of the players but since SL took over they always put in a shift and a team pattern seems to be emerging.

So very true, there isn't one player in that team who you could say doesn't work hard for the shirt. It should be a given but as we know with players like JET it isn't and it makes the team very hard to give unconditional support to.

We all have players we prefer over others but all of them give their all and that's the difference.

It's much easier to support this team whatever the score.

Still no one can say when was our last good tv performance. Against Fulham many years ago with dear old Brian Moore commentating?

That's because no-one cares probably.

But, just for the record, I remember a "decent" performance v Wolves in 2014 with a late Cody winner for a 1-0 win. Any good?

The last few have been poor but that's nothing to do with being on telly, it's because we were s***

Decent performances on TV:

2 wins at home v Bournemouth one including a last minute winner from Lisbie.

Away to Watford. 2 Akinbyie goals.

Away to Cardiff in the FA cup winning 2:0.

Away to Brentford FA cup, coming back from 3:1 down.

Away to Wycombe Wanderers drawing 1:1.

Home to Birmingham in the Championship 1:1 draw.

Home to Portsmouth in the Championship 1:1 draw.

I'm sure there are a few more that I've forgotten.

Not sure if it was on tv or whether there was a hat trick, but we definitely scored 3 against Southend early on this season....FACT :3:

F*** me, this one's certainly got legs, ever wish you'd not said something? LOL

Was it Eeeeeeeeeeaves who got the hattrick? :17:

Btw I see see our "good" TV performances from Waldo are 10 + years ago.

That Portsmouth one this year is IMO our worst ever. Not the worst score (eg see Bolton/Brackley) but just so incredibly boring.

Gills1958 - 19/12/2017 07:15

Was it Eeeeeeeeeeaves who got the hattrick? :17:

Btw I see see our "good" TV performances from Waldo are 10 + years ago.

That Portsmouth one this year is IMO our worst ever. Not the worst score (eg see Bolton/Brackley) but just so incredibly boring.

And the TV viewers probably didn?t even see the best ten minutes (Malcolm vs the corner flag)