Team for Huddersfield | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team for Huddersfield

Now, Hampton, why would we be lucky if Balogun were making a mess of it?

Sounds like you hope Cookie gets us relegated. :whist:
I honestly don't think Balogun will make a mess of it 😉 in fact I'm delighted he's staying.
It was very tongue in cheek as you know.
As for our 🤡 of a manager - as last season if we stay up it will be inspite of rather than because of him IMO.
Let's not forget just how big a budget was spunked last year for no tangible improvement.
We need a manager who will believe in and bring through our excellent home grown talent. Cook is not that manager.
We could now get Keith Hill who would offer the kids a chance for nowt.
Given the perilous financial position it's worth a go.

Balogan, Morsy, Moore. I don’t care who else plays. Just start them three, keep them fit and we’ll be fine.

Figured it was time to start talking about something on the pitch.

Balogun gone?

Robinson fit to play? Would he even want to play with a summer move on the horizon?

Who starts next to Kipre?

Any other former regulars who aren't expected to feature going forward?

Even Lowe? He is liability. Awful signing. One of Cooks worst.
I could say that about loads of the squad to be fair Jeff, not just Lowe. But ultimately, I have faith in those three to carry the rest of the squad through. They are our spine, just build the team around those three and it'll be okay.

It's a pity we lost our momentum we had before lockdown. Last 2 years we've not done great on the 6 pointers. Need 9pts on the board ASAP and cannot concede ground to the teams round about us.

I'm confident we can get it done

Hull were in free fall and had a horrendous injury crisis, we were in good form and full of confidence. Bloody typical really, Unfortunately I'm not confident.

They've lost Wilks too. Captain and Vice Captain both gone. Charlton in all sorts of trouble too. If we finish below either of them something will have gone drastically wrong.

Hopefully confidence is still high for us and we bag a win in the first 2 games, then I think 1 more win in the final 7 should do it, chuck in a draw or 2.

We will live or die by 6 pointers - we have to break our habit of not going for it in the high pressure head to heads or we'll be down.

We play Huddersfield, Barnsley, Charlton away and Stoke and Hull at home. I think we should be aiming for at least 9 points from that but i worry it'll probably be looking more like 5 based on our past record in these games.

Match day at last, I would go Marshall, Byrne, Naismith, Kipre & Balogun at the back. Williams, Morsy, Pilkington (if he is fit) Lowe & Gelhardt with Moore up front.