Stoke City Fan Comments | Vital Football

Stoke City Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
It will be interesting in the Linx household, with wife and daughter supporting Forest. I’d better recruit the dog to even the numbers up.

Forest 5th from bottom but have a better strike force than we do ...Lewis grabban is the sort of player we need in the championship..2 negative managers can’t see many goals in it.

What I would like to know is why do clubs change their manager about 3 weeks before they are due to play us?!! (Wednesday, Derby, Middlesbrough, Forest).

Hughton was appointed at the start of October, and so far doesn't seem to have been able to transform their fortunes. Certainly well out of the 'new manager bounce' zone anyway.

Matter of time I think before Hughton really gets things clicking for them. All they need is to play a team that only turn up for half a game and are struggling to score. What could possibly go wrong?

Forest have steadied the ship, 3 unbeaten and no injuries or suspensions. This has 1-1 written all over it!

Ameobi and grabban should cause us some problems. Keep them quiet and an easy victory hopefully. Although when do we do things easily!

I'm prepared for another bore fest. First goal wins (if there is one).

Started well. Such a shame McLean has seen a lot of the ball first 10 mins.

Best I've seen us knocking it about for a while. Just need a bit of cutting edge.

Lucky Collins, could have been a penalty.

Get the fuck in! 1-0.

Nice one Forest keeper.

Well that’s the funniest goal we’ve scored in ages.

Haha, finally a team shitter than us first 15...

Grabban flubbed and goalie off his ass.

Weird, weird, weird goal.

What the fuck is Grabban doing?

Grabban his ankles.

Their keepers' face paints a right picture, Butlandesque keeping.

This co commentator has a weird obsession with Lewis Grabban. He hasn't talked about anything else since the start of the game.

He does have a weird facination with Grabban.

They look dangerous from set pieces.

We’ll be lucky to hold this lead till half the way it’s going. We can’t seem to keep any control of the ball and they are getting to the front much to easily. Fortunately they tend to have as many poor passes as we do.

Imagine signing Cafu and then playing him in the middle.

This keeper of forest looks totally clueless. We should be shooting on site at him. He looks totally lost and ready have a break down.

I think that we are the better team......but arguably they've had the better chances.

Feels like a Sunday league match and Forest were up all night Satdee.

I can't remember a more disjointed and shit Forest side. These lot look awful. We better get more goals here.

Wonderful cross from Thompson. How did Vokes miss that?

Hasn't cost us yet but that's two really poor offside calls already.

Three.

Vokes looks like Leiv Screiber.

Plays like him too.

Cant complain at 1-0. Forest definitely there for the taking and we need to take it to them early run second half. A great opportunity for 3 points. gooaaan Stoke.

He's not been up to much so far but Christ we're giving Knockaert time to get a cross in.

As shit as Forest are, we need another. They could quite easily fluke one.

Another poor half of football made better only by a poor fluke goal, otherwise would be a dour 0-0 half time.

We're coasting! Totally in control by the looks of it.

I wouldn’t say we’re totally in control... they’ve had plenty of set pieces and we look scared to death when the ball is fizzed into the box. A few errors that have fortunately not been punished, yet.

We're being overrun in midfield by a poor Forest midfield.

Dirty bastard Knockaert. How is that not a yellow?

It's an elbow mate, should have been red.

They're coming at us with anger so far.

How many fouls before you get a yellow for persistent fouling? Asking for Samba Sow.

Good try Christie.

This is garbage, these are absolutely shite and we’re doing our best to let them back into the game.

Great to see that from forest players with Smith...good sportsmanship.

If that was Arsenal they’d be trying to get him a red card for fouling the advertising board.

Why he fuck are the advertising hoardings still so close to the pitch after Fletcher’s injury?

Same at every ground, majority of grounds they're closer to the pitch than ours. Sponsorship & money talks

F***S*** 1-1

Nice one Chester.

Great finish.

Cracking finish from Chester.

That's the Stoke I know and love.

If only Vokes could head it like that.

38% possession at home to a side near the bottom. Not good enough.

That equaliser was inevitable when you be so bloody defensive after going 1-0 up at home it's been all forest this second half.

It was coming Forest have been the better side this half.

Can the fog please come down and get the game called off. We are shite to watch and to be conceding the possession we have conceded this second half is a feckin joke. I thought the Blackburn game was bad enough but this is garbage considering Forest have only scored 4 goals away from home all season.

Clear Red!

Knockaert currently on 2 red cards.

1-0 up we don't take risks it's what the manager wants (good or bad).

Or 1-1.

Or 1-2.

This will be a great point for Northern Ireland against Germany.

Weather is mad - can see this getting called off here.

This is unwatchable, the fog is that bad.

Thank goodness for the fog!

The only way we don’t lose this is if it’s abandoned. How long can people keep using injuries as an excuse for this turgid shite?

Orange ball. Let's be having you.

There are only two likely winners here, Forest or the fog.

Let's not beat about the bush, this is absolutely fucking wank.

Forest still playing decent football. We look lost.

This is garbage! We can’t even do the basics. Forest are poor and we look even worse.

Stoke are best viewed through a fog.

This needs abandoning before they score another.

What a save.

Fuck me - we got lucky there - what a keeper...

Great save what an exciting prospect Bursick is.

We are offering NOTHING!!! It’s all Forest. This is embarrassing.

Is anyone actually surprised by how the second half has unfolded? It's textbook MON.

Looking at the two sides you'd think it was us battling relegation not forest.

This is a joke, defnding against a team as bad as Forrest.

Fuck off Ince you fraud.

Hanging on against a crap Forest team with no decent shot on target at home.

Abject embarrassing performance.

Boring as fuck to boot.

How on earth can Hinchcliffe make Knockeart MOTM?

Coz aside from being a dirty twat that should of been red carded no denying that, he has actually battled & created for Forest and I think its safe to say if he hadn't played they wouldn't of got back in the match

Trying to out shit the opposition and win one nil every game isn’t a sustainable model.

Vokes, as per usual header into the keepers hands. Shocking player.

Good job Knockfart is a greedy ****.

Volkes cost 9 million! 9 million!

It's the kind of money you pay to be sure the striker will get you those crucial late goals. But he missed. Again.

Very fortunate to get a point there - woeful second half. Well done Bursik though.

Forrest will feel robbed after taking just a point from that. We were dreadful.

Ince having his Wimmer moment walking off there, laughing and joking with former colleagues without a care in the world, waiting for his bank balance to tick up on the 31st.

Not defending him but I dont think they where former Colleagues, he played for forest 2014/15.

Thought forest were the better side and they are shit!

Someone must have told O'Neill that Forest are two time European Cup winners.

Cheers CP. Interesting mix of comments that sum things up pretty well. We were absolute dogshit first half but much better in the second to the point that we were almost average.

I used to really rate Vokes as a striker but after last night I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

At least it showed Knockheart has heart. I loved the way he dribbled between two with his head two inches off the floor, then stood up. I feel he is too easy too mark on the wing as he has time to think and always comes in on to his left peg. When in the middle he has too do more instinctively and not having the touch line behind him makes him try different things - like dribbling with his nose.

Knockaert has too much ability for the players around him. He likes to pass out from the back even from his own corner flag, he wants to pass and move, he’s always looking to dribble past players into space and get something going. The rest of the team are static, unimaginative, or combative. I was amazed to see criticism of him last night. He put in a few excellent balls just before they scored, and eventually assisted the equaliser. And more than anything, he was absolutely pissed at how badly we were playing when we were behind. He wants to win, he has talent, and if we had 2 or 3 more players with his ability and desire, we’d be in no danger of relegation.

Cheers CP. Interesting mix of comments that sum things up pretty well. We were absolute dogshit first half but much better in the second to the point that we were almost average.

I used to really rate Vokes as a striker but after last night I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

Speaks volumes about his ability if he couldn't score against us.

Great stuff as usual CP, some quite insightful comments & pretty reasonable in the main. I wonder if because all games are available to watch on TV either on Sky or through i follow we are getting a wider cross section of views & comments

At least it showed Knockheart has heart. I loved the way he dribbled between two with his head two inches off the floor, then stood up. I feel he is too easy too mark on the wing as he has time to think and always comes in on to his left peg. When in the middle he has too do more instinctively and not having the touch line behind him makes him try different things - like dribbling with his nose.

Dribbling with your nose gets easier with age..............

Knockaert has too much ability for the players around him. He likes to pass out from the back even from his own corner flag, he wants to pass and move, he’s always looking to dribble past players into space and get something going. The rest of the team are static, unimaginative, or combative. I was amazed to see criticism of him last night. He put in a few excellent balls just before they scored, and eventually assisted the equaliser. And more than anything, he was absolutely pissed at how badly we were playing when we were behind. He wants to win, he has talent, and if we had 2 or 3 more players with his ability and desire, we’d be in no danger of relegation.

He certainly has too much talent for Fulham.

Konckhart's lack of discipline is a big drag on the side; I could accept his lack of discipline if he used it to do something positive, but that is rarely the case.

There were countless times during the game when he could have crossed but cut back to take another player on, or he would shoot when there was a player in a better position; there was a period in the first half when he was popping up along side Ameobi, leaving two wide men on the same wing.

Some of his tackling borders on the suicidal and you can be absolutely certain that it will cost us in a game at some point, and his corner taking is abysmal.

He played a little better in the second half and it was a great cross to force the own goal, and he does get into scoring positions inside the box; if he focussed on those aspects and cut the stupid stuff out he might turn out to be half decent.

Good try Christie.

This is garbage, these are absolutely shite and we’re doing our best to let them back into the game.

Great to see that from forest players with Smith...good sportsmanship.

If that was Arsenal they’d be trying to get him a red card for fouling the advertising board.

Why he fuck are the advertising hoardings still so close to the pitch after Fletcher’s injury?

Same at every ground, majority of grounds they're closer to the pitch than ours. Sponsorship & money talks

F***S*** 1-1

Nice one Chester.

Great finish.

Cracking finish from Chester.

That's the Stoke I know and love.

If only Vokes could head it like that.

38% possession at home to a side near the bottom. Not good enough.

That equaliser was inevitable when you be so bloody defensive after going 1-0 up at home it's been all forest this second half.

It was coming Forest have been the better side this half.

Can the fog please come down and get the game called off. We are shite to watch and to be conceding the possession we have conceded this second half is a feckin joke. I thought the Blackburn game was bad enough but this is garbage considering Forest have only scored 4 goals away from home all season.

Clear Red!

Knockaert currently on 2 red cards.

1-0 up we don't take risks it's what the manager wants (good or bad).

Or 1-1.

Or 1-2.

This will be a great point for Northern Ireland against Germany.

Weather is mad - can see this getting called off here.

This is unwatchable, the fog is that bad.

Thank goodness for the fog!

The only way we don’t lose this is if it’s abandoned. How long can people keep using injuries as an excuse for this turgid shite?

Orange ball. Let's be having you.

There are only two likely winners here, Forest or the fog.

Let's not beat about the bush, this is absolutely fucking wank.

Forest still playing decent football. We look lost.

This is garbage! We can’t even do the basics. Forest are poor and we look even worse.

Stoke are best viewed through a fog.

This needs abandoning before they score another.

What a save.

Fuck me - we got lucky there - what a keeper...

Great save what an exciting prospect Bursick is.

We are offering NOTHING!!! It’s all Forest. This is embarrassing.

Is anyone actually surprised by how the second half has unfolded? It's textbook MON.

Looking at the two sides you'd think it was us battling relegation not forest.

This is a joke, defnding against a team as bad as Forrest.

Fuck off Ince you fraud.

Hanging on against a crap Forest team with no decent shot on target at home.

Abject embarrassing performance.

Boring as fuck to boot.

How on earth can Hinchcliffe make Knockeart MOTM?

Coz aside from being a dirty twat that should of been red carded no denying that, he has actually battled & created for Forest and I think its safe to say if he hadn't played they wouldn't of got back in the match

Trying to out shit the opposition and win one nil every game isn’t a sustainable model.

Vokes, as per usual header into the keepers hands. Shocking player.

Good job Knockfart is a greedy ****.

Volkes cost 9 million! 9 million!

It's the kind of money you pay to be sure the striker will get you those crucial late goals. But he missed. Again.

Very fortunate to get a point there - woeful second half. Well done Bursik though.

Forrest will feel robbed after taking just a point from that. We were dreadful.

Ince having his Wimmer moment walking off there, laughing and joking with former colleagues without a care in the world, waiting for his bank balance to tick up on the 31st.

Not defending him but I dont think they where former Colleagues, he played for forest 2014/15.

Thought forest were the better side and they are shit!

Someone must have told O'Neill that Forest are two time European Cup winners.

You appear to have missed out a good few comments which were actually quite complimentary about us; how remiss of you.

Were you in a rush this morning?

You appear to have missed out a good few comments which were actually quite complimentary about us; how remiss of you.

Were you in a rush this morning?

Feel free to copy and paste, I only visited their main forum and match thread. Usually go to other sites and threads but 2 pages seemed plenty. Many of which do say we were the better side.

Konckhart's lack of discipline is a big drag on the side; I could accept his lack of discipline if he used it to do something positive, but that is rarely the case.

There were countless times during the game when he could have crossed but cut back to take another player on, or he would shoot when there was a player in a better position; there was a period in the first half when he was popping up along side Ameobi, leaving two wide men on the same wing.

Some of his tackling borders on the suicidal and you can be absolutely certain that it will cost us in a game at some point, and his corner taking is abysmal.

He played a little better in the second half and it was a great cross to force the own goal, and he does get into scoring positions inside the box; if he focussed on those aspects and cut the stupid stuff out he might turn out to be half decent.

Think im in the middle on this he does lose the ball and does stupid stuff but is also one of our most creative players when he is on his game. Atm he is like a smaller less black sammy

Feel free to copy and paste, I only visited their main forum and match thread. Usually go to other sites and threads but 2 pages seemed plenty. Many of which do say we were the better side.

I wont do that because it means stealing Joe Baker's work from COYR.

I found their supporters remarks very odd; they tended to fall into one of two camps - those who claimed we were worse than we were and those who thought we were a lot better than we were.

I wont do that because it means stealing Joe Baker's work from COYR.

I found their supporters remarks very odd; they tended to fall into one of two camps - those who claimed we were worse than we were and those who thought we were a lot better than we were.

Lots of comments above saying we were better than them. That we should feel robbed at not taking 3 points etc. I missed nothing of note from the match thread.

Think im in the middle on this he does lose the ball and does stupid stuff but is also one of our most creative players when he is on his game. Atm he is like a smaller less black sammy

There is obviously something there; he has performed consistently well at a higher level before he came here.

We are only seeing flashes of what he is capable of at the moment and his lack of discipline is having a negative effect on others - he runs into other players space and does not pass when he should; if he is not careful he will succeed in building resentment when we desperately need unity

His tackling is horrendous; one of two things (maybe both) will happen; he will give away a penalty or pick up a red card, the last thing we need when we are trying to dig our way out.

He should be considered a very senior player; that means leading by example.

If he wasn't shit, then he wouldn't be playing for us, would he?