Steven Caulker | Vital Football

Steven Caulker

Taricco the yid

Vital Champions League
Steven Caulker has left QPR by mutual consent, the Championship club have confirmed.

Caulker admitted earlier this year that he has suffered with drinking and gambling addictions, and that they became so serious that he even contemplated suicide.

Wow didn't realise things were so low for him. I hope he can get his life and career back on track.

Some people believed he was destined for big things but just goes to show that some can't make the step up.

Hope things turn around for him. Being a talented pro footballer is full of pitfalls . Sadly success and riches is only for the few.
We all thought he had a good future with us , let's hope 2018 brings him all that he wants

Walthamstow wanderer - 28/12/2017 19:17

Hope things turn around for him. Being a talented pro footballer is full of pitfalls . Sadly success and riches is only for the few.
We all thought he had a good future with us , let's hope 2018 brings him all that he wants

I too hope he tames his demons.

But it goes to show that money is irrelevant when it comes to happiness. Personal problems are universal in nature.

Harvard was, and is still, conducting, a 75 year study on what determines happiness and contentment in individuals. And money is truly irrelevant. And happy people live longer.

He could have been a top class player, he had the touch, the footballing brain, the physicality and in his early days, the drive.

Lots went on in his personal life that I know will soon be revealed.

I hope he can bounce back, but he's abused his body for so long now, combined with his weakened mentality I suspect he's had his chance once and for all.

He has wasted his opportunity for many reasons...shame but some people have self destructs built into their demeanour, and these seem to rise to the top of people's decision making.
I too felt when he came onto the scene that he could have developed and even became our 'John Terry' ...a lynch pin of our team and defence..ah well...

Spursex - 2/1/2018 15:44

He could have been a top class player, he had the touch, the footballing brain, the physicality and in his early days, the drive.

Lots went on in his personal life that I know will soon be revealed.

I hope he can bounce back, but he's abused his body for so long now, combined with his weakened mentality I suspect he's had his chance once and for all.

Sorry Ex, but Clunker was never going to make a good player.

Slow, poor concentration. His only strength was at set pieces on corners. A total bog standard league one class player.