Steve Bruce | Vital Football

Steve Bruce

Last chance he’ll ever get to manage his club so fair play to him. Even better that he’s shafted over another arrogant fanbase who believe they belong in the Premier League because they have a few fans and won a few trophies in the Stone Age.

Its a strange one to me, i get the argument last chance to manage in PL, but with all the chaos around the Championship this summer, Sheff Wed would had Bruce stayed had a decent shout at the play-offs with a few signings coming in before the season starting.

Trading Benitez for Bruce, only thing Ashley could do to brass off Toon fans more would be signing Lee Cattermole on a free. Whilst Bruce is uninspiring, it is an upgrade on previous Ashley managers such as Kinnear and McLaren to be fair.

Its a strange one to me, i get the argument last chance to manage in PL, but with all the chaos around the Championship this summer, Sheff Wed would had Bruce stayed had a decent shout at the play-offs with a few signings coming in before the season starting.

Going back to the North East is surely the big draw for him and the chance to manage the biggest of the clubs in the area and become a local hero is obviously to much to turn down. Only downside is having to work for Ashley.