Farman
Long Waterfall Raggett Eardley(?)
JMD Bostwick Woodyard Arnold
Rhead
Green

Few question marks:

- Ginnelly has done well in pre season but I'd prefer to use him off the bench
- Harsh on Anderson but JMD has goals in him and Arnold is a reliable performer
- Not sure exactly how Wycombe play. There is the chance we could pack the midfield but I think Rhead/Green have to play.
- Not sure about LB if we don't sign someone.

Only question mark is over the full backs I think.

Farman

Long/Eardley(?)
Waterfall
Raggett
?

JMD
Woodyard
Bostwick
Arnold

Rhead
Green

Farman
Long Waterfall Raggett Eardley (ditto hopefully)
Bostwick Woodyard
Arnold Knott JMD
Green

2 holding midfielders allowing each in turn to get forward and 4 primarliy to attck. Pace and creativity to terrify for starters, that line-up does need Arnold and JMD to get in behind the defence and beyond Green. Options of the Lincoln Messi (Rheady), Ginelly and 'Arry off the bench.

I can see the cowleys starting with 4-2-3-1, the back 4 of long raggett waterfall and Yardley,
Woodyard and bozzy
Arnold Knott and jmd
Green.

Then about 60 mins in switching to 4-4-2

Same back 4
Anderson on for Arnold
Rhead on for knott
Ginelli on for JMD

Think we need to get it on the floor and play against Wycombe so start with Knott and JMD. Rheady off the bench with Josh and Harry if needs be when we are 2 nil up.

The best 11 we have as Wycombe will be a tough away game. Having not seen any preseason games I genuinely couldn't tell you what will work best. Reports I've read said that they like to play long balls bypassing midfield and aimed at Akinfenwa who apparently makes Rhead look like Twiggy and is the proverbial brick outhouse.

I'd go for 2 up front.
Farman
Long, Raggett, Waterfall, Eardley,
Arnold, Woodyard, Bostwick, Ginnelly
Rhead, Green
Subs,
Vickers, Dickie, Anderson, Whitehouse, Knott, Maguire Drew, Palmer

kickingimp - 2/8/2017 06:02

I can see the cowleys starting with 4-2-3-1, the back 4 of long raggett waterfall and Yardley,
Woodyard and bozzy
Arnold Knott and jmd
Green.

Then about 60 mins in switching to 4-4-2

Same back 4
Anderson on for Arnold
Rhead on for knott
Ginelli on for JMD

i would go with this, in pre-season rhead has been very effective coming on for thirty mins. also last season, he noticeably won lots more headers in the last fifteen minutes, as the defenders tired. keep in the game for 60 minutes, we have been finishing games very strongly.

We must have been watching different games because Rhead seemed to win his headers full stop, regardless of time.

I reckon they are going to be direct and bypass the midfield, id probably look to match them up a bit and stick to what we know rather than playing Knott (who is a question mark imo based on what I've seen so far).

Rasenimp - 4/8/2017 16:23

I reckon they are going to be direct and bypass the midfield, id probably look to match them up a bit and stick to what we know rather than playing Knott (who is a question mark imo based on what I've seen so far).

i am hoping to see knott answer the question mark. like you, haven't seen it yet.
also, i remember a quote attributed to dc, saying we were going to set up slightly differently this season...

will soon find out. looking forward to it.

DC learned a lot from the pre-season games against L1 opposition. I think it was after the Peterborough game that he said something about not coming up against that type of formation last season (I think he was talking about 4-4-2, but I can't remember) and having to be prepared to change things around during games.

This season is going to be interesting in so many ways: better teams, better players, adjustable formations etc.

I think Rasenimp has it dead right:

Farman
Long, Waterfall, Raggett, Eardley
Maguire-Drew, Woodyard, Bostwick, Arnold
Rhead
Green