Standards have not improved | Vital Football

Standards have not improved

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Football Legend
Since our last visit to the Championship, i see the refs have not improved. Have a look at this video about Sargent v Millwall - look at the incident about 2 mins 25 seconds into the video.
Is that or is that not an off the ball body check aimed at Sargent?

Last edited:
Commentators seemed to think we should have had two penalties at Sunderland.
In the following video - re Byram (about 5mins 20 secs) and Sargent (7 mins 10 secs):

Last edited:
They are terrible to be fair. Sometimes I feel like it's outright purposefully cheating as it's so evident to everyone else in the ground and on TV. I find it hard to believe a qualified person whose witnessed the incident live-time just in front of him would not know what it means. I think it's more polite to say they are simply cheating than to say they are literally that grossly unfit to do their jobs! The irony is though is that when we get to the Prem and we got VAR to "correct" these decisions.... I find it even more infuriating that they take 3 minutes to decide and STILL make a ridiculous decision :grinning: so all being considered I'd rather the ridiculous decisions are made quickly without interruption like the above videos.

The standard is horrible, I got reminded of that first game in. Most of the refs actually look unfit and second rate in the championship too to me. It is really frustrating and I know people say over a season it evens itself out but I genuinely dont feel it does with us for some reason

Things are not much better for the smaller clubs in the Prem . Remember Jeromes overhead kick ‘goal’ and Pukkis ‘goal’ after a brilliant pass from Vrancic against Spurs
That high boot against palace was bloody ridiculous and the pukki one always gets me angry.

I know people say over a season it evens itself out but I genuinely dont feel it does with us for some reason
I absolutely agree FY, However, my family is quick to point out that I view it all through yellow and green glasses.