Squad depth so far | Vital Football

Squad depth so far

KevinE

Alert Team
Here's how our squad is shaping up so far. I've missed out a few - either those who shouldn't be in the team (in my opinion) and others likely to be sold. I've also forgotten about Byers in the CAM role.

Looking especially weak at CM and LB

DipZ-nbX4AMiEvZ.jpg

I fear for our season if that’s what we’ll be left with. As you say, so weak in midfield, bare bones up front. Olsson at LB not the same player as when he first arrived. Naughton only back up RB if he’s still here, his body language when he took that feeble penalty today was infuriating.
We cannot rely on the has beens Dyer, Routledge, and Naughton. The fat cat big earners with attitude need moving on ASAP as well if we are to have any chance of survival, and bring in reinforcements who want to play for this club, not players just going through the motions waiting for a move..

Well that's worrying now you see it like that. Huge gaps and lack of quality at CM, LB and even backup in defence as well. Yet we don't seem to be too worried. I do hope Potter isn't under estimating how tough the championship is. It's a long, hard slog and it catches up with the young players as they're not used to it.

Must agree with you again enh, if we are relying on the inexperienced under 23’s players as back up then we are in trouble. I’m hoping for some good news on signings this week.

A week next Saturday the season commences with our first league match away to Sheffield United, and Potter’s only signing is Asoro.
Meanwhile our fire sale continues and is in full swing.
It looks like anything that moves is up for sale (reminiscent of Sunderland last season) and the squad is now unrecognisable, it has been decimated.
Bartley, Ki, Fabianski, Rangel, Britton, Mesa, Baston, King, Sanches, Abraham, all gone. Soon to go -
JAyew to Leicester?
AAyew to Fenerbahce?
Fernandez to Newcastle?
Clucas to Burnley?
Bony, Mawson gone as soon as fit?
That’s more than a whole football team gone or on their way.
Obviously zero ambition by the owners to bounce straight back up, and do they really think they can even stay in this division with the players that are left?
The last few months have been a nightmare for Swans fans, ever since the players shocking display and complete capitulation in that must win home match against Southampton.