Spurs Women v Man U - FA Cup final - Sunday 12th May 14:30 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Spurs Women v Man U - FA Cup final - Sunday 12th May 14:30

Let's be honest, we were well short in quality. It was a mismatch.
thats what happens when we build too slowly with 2/2.5 year contracts the deadwood still stays in basket as we keep giving them extended contracts for what? to hold us back all the time or they are cheep to keep

thats what happens when we build too slowly with 2/2.5 year contracts the deadwood still stays in basket as we keep giving them extended contracts for what? to hold us back all the time or they are cheep to keep
These decisions with the ladies are almost entirely one man's. The coach.

I need to brush up on the Laws of Football according to Manchester United.
Yep the laws of the Wrath of Ferguson ... the FA the BBC the Refs must not upset the club or they lose all the freebies they get

The game was lost becos RV fielded the wrong team maybe becos he wanted to give those he is going to move on the chance of some stardom PLUS losing a goal that was coming by the same ol poor players he picks week in week out.

These decisions with the ladies are almost entirely one man's. The coach.
just like ex-Skinner then - the towell was thrown in by the choice of arrival attire I guess ... like going to a wedding. So disappointed. I would not have minded had we lost by the 1-0 but the 2nd half was worse than last season.

Disappointing performance even if the outcome was expected, you don't have much hope when they can bring on players like Garcia and Malard. Biggest issue was we gave away possession too many times.
exactly and we bring on the likes of Ayanne and Graham whilst we take off our best players Vinberg Nilden ???? no wonder we go backwards.

In his after match talk he is still bigging up Spencer ?????? wtf - she needs to be benched and moved on and should never have started yet it sounds like she will be penned in for the last 2 games as well.
Why sign Vitikova ?

exactly and we bring on the likes of Ayanne and Graham whilst we take off our best players Vinberg Nilden ???? no wonder we go backwards.

In his after match talk he is still bigging up Spencer ?????? wtf - she needs to be benched and moved on and should never have started yet it sounds like she will be penned in for the last 2 games as well.
Why sign Vitikova ?
He's not going to come out and criticise her publicly, we shall have to see what he does on Wednesday but as I said earlier he is likely to rotate for the Chelsea game anyway.

He's not going to come out and criticise her publicly, we shall have to see what he does on Wednesday but as I said earlier he is likely to rotate for the Chelsea game anyway.
Agree - but saying less is more is better in my book ... just look at who was left on the bench ! .. Vitikova Bartrip Petz and Ahtinen ... all better players than many on the pitch of choice. Makes me think he intends to keep a lot of these no hopers next season and we start all over again.

As for Wed it probably will be a total fringe team and a pasting again on the cards as we have nothing to play for and he must want a fit and ready first choice team for the last game of the season to install hope for the fans for next season - anyhow that is what I would do.
I dont want to see a few ACL's in the last week of the season.

Play those that will not be here next season bar Spencer - Barbora needs game time

Last edited:
Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread thus far - we have had at least 470 reads - not bad

The result was how I expected albeit I predicted 0-3 but a pasting nevertheless.

The occasion was just too much ... we arrived all in wedding attire but in the end we were no more than bridesmaids to what turned out to be much like a funeral (ours) ,,, if you believe the pundits we were there only for the photographs (the BBC are so one sided it really grates me that I have to pay for this type of coverage)

So we move on to the last week and 2 games left ... c u at the next installment

BBC stats from the game .. they have changed the format - awfuly I have to say .. anyhow here goes

Poss MU 56% US 44% (not sure that can be right more like 35-40% as we were hardly ever in their last 3rd.
Shots on target MU 8 US big fat ZERO
Shots off target MU 8 US 6 (thats about right)
Blocked shots MU 5 US 4
Saves MU ZERO US 3
Ariel duals won MU 14 US 16 (wow we won that at least)
Fouls MU 3 US 10 (we won that as well)
Corners MU 5 US a big fat number 1

enuf said lets move on to the Chelsea game - I have washed my hands of this game now

BBC stats from the game .. they have changed the format - awfuly I have to say .. anyhow here goes

Poss MU 56% US 44% (not sure that can be right more like 35-40% as we were hardly ever in their last 3rd.
Shots on target MU 8 US big fat ZERO
Shots off target MU 8 US 6 (thats about right)
Blocked shots MU 5 US 4
Saves MU ZERO US 3
Ariel duals won MU 14 US 16 (wow we won that at least)
Fouls MU 3 US 10 (we won that as well)
Corners MU 5 US a big fat number 1

enuf said lets move on to the Chelsea game - I have washed my hands of this game now
The result is only what we expected but it would have been nice to see a bit more passion and fight from our players.

I’ve just awoke and read through the thread. I was too tired after the match. I guess you two (sld and TQ) have just about covered everything and there’s not much for me to add. It was a disappointing result. The most disappointing aspect was our lack of passion and desire. We were not competitive.

We did well to get to the final but the final itself was a game too far. We’re just not good enough. Too many of our players are too slow to match the top WSL teams. As sld continually says (and I do mean continually ;)) we need a huge revamp of the squad before next season.

I wonder what Levy was thinking as he watched from the stands.

I don't think there's much that Bob can do about Wednesday. Chelsea are motivated for a big win and I expect them to get it. Our season is over .... but I wonder what comes next?

The BBC Coverage was awful
…. Even down to an ex goon on the panel .

Half time , cameras , pan to a little girl , waving a Spurs flag , commentator refers to a lack of a smile , Camera then cuts to a little girl in red , sucking on a lolly , obviously not smiling , commentator says how happy she looks … pathetic journalism .

The whole show was a manure appreciation society . The woman DJ and how pleased she was for the scorer and how she did a celebration for her …..

The BBC Coverage was awful
…. Even down to an ex goon on the panel .

Half time , cameras , pan to a little girl , waving a Spurs flag , commentator refers to a lack of a smile , Camera then cuts to a little girl in red , sucking on a lolly , obviously not smiling , commentator says how happy she looks … pathetic journalism .

The whole show was a manure appreciation society . The woman DJ and how pleased she was for the scorer and how she did a celebration for her …..
makes me puke every time .. if its not them it is the Scum they get high on ... Sky is just the same as the BBC .. only ITV can be a bit more neutral but they are also on the fringe of doing it as well.

We are hated no matter where we go .. I was so disappointed in Logan who seemed to lead the MU message, I thought she was better than that.

Guess we didnt give them anything to talk about bar Spencer's Circus acts - she should have got a Bafta for that.