SPARTACUS | Vital Football

SPARTACUS

I know. Another giant has left the stage 😟 Saddened to learn if his passing but as Michael has said.....his work will live on. He was one of those iconic actors I always remember from my childhood.

Farewell Kirk & thank you for the dimple.

I've got 'Paths Of Glory' on DVD, a superb World War One film.

In answer to your point, Rising, I think there's only one great star of the 1930s, never mind later, Hollywood scene left - Olivia de Havilland.

I've got 'Paths Of Glory' on DVD, a superb World War One film.

In answer to your point, Rising, I think there's only one great star of the 1930s, never mind later, Hollywood scene left - Olivia de Havilland.
Wow. She‘ still going. Just checked, she’s 103. Unforgettable as Melanie in Gone With The Wind. :love1:
(Incidentally, my favourite book - by Margaret Mitchell). Terribly un-pc these days, but as with all literature, it was of its time.

Wow. She‘ still going. Just checked, she’s 103. Unforgettable as Melanie in Gone With The Wind. :love1:
(Incidentally, my favourite book - by Margaret Mitchell). Terribly un-pc these days, but as with all literature, it was of its time.
That can't be right, it's about the American South. :oops::giggle:

A fascinating time in history, BE. Have you read it? MM was an historian in Atlanta, so she knew her stuff about the Civil War.
No, I have not. But, I am a voracious history buff, so I'm sure there's nothing in there I haven't run across. :giggle: