Sneaky Loan Bid For Delph? | Vital Football

Sneaky Loan Bid For Delph?

MarvinsPA

Vital Squad Member
Stoke have pulled out of a deal to sign him, he's not going to get a look in at Man City and he's going to want to be playing football, even if at a lower level.

Worth a cheeky bid?

Serious question.
Do you honestly think Delph, an international for England would drop down to play for a mid table championship side?
Best not even mention his astronomical wages either.

Loans don't have to break the pay structure, we just offer to pay a proportion of the wages that fall within our pay structure.

PsychoTheLegend - 30/8/2017 16:33

Serious question.
Do you honestly think Delph, an international for England would drop down to play for a mid table championship side?
Best not even mention his astronomical wages either.

Do you think he has any hope of continuing to be an England international while rotting for a full season in their U23 side.

Would he rather be forgotten about or put himself in the shop window for January by proving he's far too good for the Championship.

Or should we stop trying to sign good players because they may turn us down.

You know when you see a seriously hot girl walking down the street with a seriously ugly fella & you wonder how on Earth that could happen? Well, it happened because he dared to ask the question.

wesimmo - 30/8/2017 16:44

Yeah but this would be more like a really hot girl walking down the street with a gorilla!

No it wouldn't :19:

That's a different species, that would be like Delph signing for the Harlem Globetrotters

MarvinsPA - 30/8/2017 16:40

Or should we stop trying to sign good players because they may turn us down.

You know when you see a seriously hot girl walking down the street with a seriously ugly fella & you wonder how on Earth that could happen? Well, it happened because he dared to ask the question.

Is this like when we enquired about bale?

I'm all for asking any question which improves the club

toms - 30/8/2017 16:57

Is this like when we enquired about bale?

I'm all for asking any question which improves the club

If Assou-Ekotto hadn't been called up to Cameroon for the ACN we'd have landed Bale imo, Redknapp (footballing genius that he is) didn't rate him & would have let him go but needed the cover. An injury to their 2nd choice left back gave Bale a chance & he took it in epic style.

Redknapp fluked a World class player. Still, better to be lucky than talented sometimes I guess.

Pope John XXIII - 30/8/2017 16:59

Why is it a 'cheeky' bid? What is cheeky about it?

I just mean because it is unlikely to come off, but as I've said above, you don't know the answer until you ask the question. Unless you're a teacher of course :91: