Skubala - Radio Lincs, 6pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Skubala - Radio Lincs, 6pm

He was signed as a central midfielder wasn't he?
He was but he certainly seems more suited to Right Back/Wing Back.

Lasse was asked in a pre-game press conference before one of the games towards the end of the season which is his position and he said he now sees his long term career being as a Right Back/Right Wing Back.

Sounded like a tidying up and reflection interview rather than one for setting out the stall for next season. Fair play to MS for sitting down and doing it so graciously when he must have still been pretty sore from the weekend.

If Sorensen is on 3yr + option of another year, as seems to be the case....you would expect those we thought worth paying a fee for, would mostly be the same.

Ali Smith and Walker I think were stated as 2 yr deals ...although that wouldn't have precluded an option if things turned out well.

Wonder how many would have been cheering from the rafters during his first season here, knowing Lasse had a 3 yr + contract?
I would have.I never could understand the criticism he received.Sorensen was on a journey of recovery and rediscovery when he arrived.A great talent that for a reason we may never know had faded away from being the next big thing.It tool Lasse a while to get going again.Great business bringing him here

The club is a good fit for Lasse Sorensen and this is reflected in the significant progress he has made in his development as a player. Lasse is now one of the first names on the team sheet each week and rightly so.
I hope he is offered and accepts the opportunity to stay with the present coaching staff as he will benefit from this and we will all enjoy watching him play.

He was signed as a central midfielder wasn't he?
He was.

To be honest, I wouldn't have kept Sorenson on as a CM. Even at the beginning of this season I wasn't totally convinced that he'd made it as a RWB because he only a short spell there at the back end of last season in what seemed a bit of a purple patch of form compared to the previous three seasons.

He was.

To be honest, I wouldn't have kept Sorenson on as a CM. Even at the beginning of this season I wasn't totally convinced that he'd made it as a RWB because he only a short spell there at the back end of last season in what seemed a bit of a purple patch of form compared to the previous three seasons.
I remember watching Lasse as a CM and saying that his work ethic was exceptional and he brought no baggage, the consummate team player. But, and it’s a big but, he wasn’t good enough in that position at L1. His transformation when moved to right back/right wingback has been sensational. He is now consistently one of our best players and in his new position one of the best in L1. He also never lost his work ethic and commitment to the club. Yes to more seasons of Lasse please.

I remember watching Lasse as a CM and saying that his work ethic was exceptional and he brought no baggage, the consummate team player. But, and it’s a big but, he wasn’t good enough in that position at L1. His transformation when moved to right back/right wingback has been sensational. He is now consistently one of our best players and in his new position one of the best in L1. He also never lost his work ethic and commitment to the club. Yes to more seasons of Lasse please.

Also he is one of the standout performers that most other clubs notice when they see us play against them (alongside Erhahon) if you read other forums.

He was.

As a central midfielder he was too lightweight and if he'd gone at the end of that season would not have been sorry. What a transformation , under MK and now MS he has cemented his place at right wingback and he is also a fantastic Clubman , heart and soul in everything he does. I know we have to be a selling Club but just hope we can persuade him to stay for at least another season. Rarely misses a game.
UTI.

Also he is one of the standout performers that most other clubs notice when they see us play against them (alongside Erhahon) if you read other forums.
also has a stand out availability record, alongside erhahon and a couple of others.