Sithole the future Zimbabwe international? | Vital Football

Sithole the future Zimbabwe international?

Zimbabwe currently are bottom of their world cup group below Ghana and South Africa both on 13 points Ethiopia are third and Zimbabwe have just 2 points from 6 games.They have only scored 2 goals and let in seven.So they are in need of a goalscorer. It is very unlikely Sithole would have a chance of playing for England.So from a Gillingham point of view it would be a good way of finding a buyer who might be willing to part with a fair amount for his services in a year or two.Evans clearly thinks he is not quite ready for all that but with Akinde and Oliver a bit of in and out of form at best we definitely have space for him to make a impact right now.

Because there are a massive number of players in front of him.He would not even be considered regardless of quality because he is with a lower division club. If he was playing under 23 then maybe he would such is the madness of the current situation.

Sithole's selling price when the time comes will depend on how well he ultimately develops and the frequency he puts the ball in the back of the net. Whether or not he is an international will do little to boost his value.

I wonder if he is related to Ndabaningi Sithole, leader of ZANU a militant opposition party in Rhodesia in the 1960's and 70's. He spent 10 years in prison under Ian Smith. then lost to Mugabe in the 1980 elections along with Joshua Nkomo.

I wonder if he is related to Ndabaningi Sithole, leader of ZANU a militant opposition party in Rhodesia in the 1960's and 70's. He spent 10 years in prison under Ian Smith. then lost to Mugabe in the 1980 elections along with Joshua Nkomo.
I believe he is I am sure I read it somewhere.

If anything, choosing a tenuous route to play international football for a weak international team will decrease his value. If he becomes a regular and starts scoring goals, buggering off to play for a country just for the chance to play international football (I believe he’s an Ashford lad) would lower his value as any prospective suitor would realise that he could well miss a number of key games each season in the interests of playing a lower quality level of football.

Sithole's selling price when the time comes will depend on how well he ultimately develops and the frequency he puts the ball in the back of the net. Whether or not he is an international will do little to boost his value.
It could if he was scoring international goals .International status could up his price and every goal especially against the better international teams would be far more widely shown around the world than a League one goal.So no I think you are wrong.Competition is the one thing above all that will up the price of a player.So while a Championship club might buy a player from league one.A premier league club would be interested in a player scoring goals against decent quality international teams.
International development is the one factor above any other that can add significantly to club value.Because a player can prove himself against better quality players.
Sithole has a long way to go but I would see his qualification for Zimbabwe as a real plus.Much like Jackson for Canada it arguably upped his profile.

By the look of it, a speculative "story" from KSN. Nevertheless, if Gerald does have the intention suggested in the report, then good luck to him - reflects confidence and positivity in the young man - all good in my book.

It could if he was scoring international goals .International status could up his price and every goal especially against the better international teams would be far more widely shown around the world than a League one goal.So no I think you are wrong.

The most playing for Zimbabwe would do is raise his profile so that more teams might become aware of him and increase the odds of someone putting a bid in.

However no team will rate him at £500k on the Friday and then because he might have played well on the Saturday on his international debut suddenly decide he is now worth £750k.

The most playing for Zimbabwe would do is raise his profile so that more teams might become aware of him and increase the odds of someone putting a bid in.

However no team will rate him at £500k on the Friday and then because he might have played well on the Saturday on his international debut suddenly decide he is now worth £750k.
That is probably true but it is also true that it is competition that puts the price up for a player.If for example Gillingham decided they have to sell a player in January. Only one team is interested is Oliver and another team is interested and another is interested in Dempsey. But four teams are interested in Tucker it is very likely that the club would get a larger fee by selling Tucker than the other two.