Sissoko may leave in the summer! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sissoko may leave in the summer!

There is also the chance that Sissoko's words are indicative of what the team are all thinking. We have the "captain" figures in the squad like Lloris, Kane and Hojbjerg but Sissoko is what I would lazily class as 'the big brother'.

Agreed, a respected figure and one of football's good guys.

Just wish he had the talents to go with it.

In that respect, he's not the problem. The 2 managers that have selected him and broken the chance of having any wavelength in our midfield are the problem.

Sure, but ignore football. Realize, he said this publicly. It's about that. This is a campaign now, and I don't mean on the pitch. Sides are forming, and some are quietly, even slyly, starting to let their feelings known. It's rather fascinating really. Leaves me wondering whom all is he speaking for.... That's the $$$ ?.

Sure, but ignore football. Realize, he said this publicly. It's about that. This is a campaign now, and I don't mean on the pitch. Sides are forming, and some are quietly, even slyly, starting to let their feelings known. It's rather fascinating really. Leaves me wondering whom all is he speaking for.... That's the $$$ ?.

Or is it everyone blowing what Mousa said out of all proportion?

My reality is that I have never rated him. I never moved to the Mousa appreciation society like a lot of the fans. He is just one of the reasons we are so mediocre.

My biggest problem is that Mousa is now becoming dangerous again. He was dangerous before as his heart was leading his head with the way he played centre mid. Then credit to Jose, he tamed him. He put structure and discipline in his game and basically told him in as many words that he has nothing to offer offensively so focus on being the spoiler. Even then, better teams just let him run around a lot and passed around him. I would check the stats and in some games he'd have half or two-thirds of touches and passes of Hojbjerg, his own midfield partner.

Recently, we've seen something worse which was prevalent last night. He is now trying to play as if he has the ability of a better player. He is not in tune with his own weaknesses e.g. probably the worst first touch at Spurs at all levels of the club. He is not compensating for losing pace and he is not accepting his role as a water carrier. He tried a ridiculous take on in our own half last night. A player who plays in a much inferior league just nicked the ball off him effortlessly.

So I'll be massively disappointed if Sissoko is at the club next season. I'll be gutted if he gets a stay of execution if Jose gets fired. I'll be gutted if Jose stays and decides to keep him. He is the sort of player we should be building the tramsfer kitty with. It won't be much, but it all helps.