• Yes

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SalfordImp

Vital Football Legend
Should football club scouts be allowed to attend games in person whilst Covid restrictions on travel are in place.

Essential work when all games can be streamed????. Yes I know they are looking at individuals rather than the game as a whole, but honestly do they learn that much from being at a game that they didn't already know.

No for me, but that travel argument could be made for football as a whole whilst the Level 4 restrictions are in force in the majority of the county

Provided they are compelled to simply attend and sit in an isolated part of the stand. There is absolutely no reason why they should come within 30m of another human being other than walking through an entrance which could be arranged to be the width of a farm gate.

The only caveat is how far they have travelled from.

No problems for me. They'll be travelling to games on their own, there's plenty of space in the stand as well.

They're often there to watch players, so a camera view isn't ideal for them. A camera view isn't really ideal for match scouting either really.

They should be allowed in, but only if they are paying for their seats, the parasites of the football world should not be getting in on a freebie especially as fans can't go.
Not sure you can label club scouts as parasites.
For me, it's not essential travel so they shouldn't be allowed. That said, given the state of the country, I'm struggling to see that football is essential.