Should we consider Luton to be | Vital Football

Should we consider Luton to be

uysapie

Vital Reserves Team
a "must" win game to kick start the season?

Personally, I think we need to get 3 points and start moving up the league but it is too early to call it a "must win " game.

COYP

I agree that it's not exactly 'must win', but that it is an important game for this Notts squad. If I was RM, I'd make sure the boys were well up for this one, not stupidly fired up red mist stuff, but seriously focused on what it takes to defend set pieces and get the ball up-field and into danger areas.

Reason: a good game here and now (and ideally a good result too) will go a long way to erasing the early slip ups and consolidate all the behind the scene's work that's been done so far. Furthermore it would herald the start of a new phase in the team's gellication.

Not quite a must win but would definitely be a huge boost and it is a winnable game!!

3 points and a good performance will go a long way in satisfying some supporters into coming back to watch.

As you say maybe not a must win game, but we have to start getting it right in the league. It's all well and good putting in good performances in cup matches thus giving everyone a boost only to balls it up in the bread and butter games. Now is the time to start putting some form together because this league ain't that strong IMO.

It looks as though Luton are going to bring a big following with them. They have sold out their initial allocation of 938 tickets and have requested extra tickets.

caj85 - 7/9/2015 10:05

Not quite a must win but would definitely be a huge boost and it is a winnable game!!

3 points and a good performance will go a long way in satisfying some supporters into coming back to watch.

It might not be a 'Must win' game, but it's close to being a 'Must not lose' game!

I really hope we don't slip into the bottom two - that really won't help morale even if we do have a game in hand.

MagpieMania - 8/9/2015 08:19

It might not be a 'Must win' game, but it's close to being a 'Must not lose' game!

I really hope we don't slip into the bottom two - that really won't help morale even if we do have a game in hand.

It's close but even if we lose I won't be panicking just yet. We have the makings of a good team and if Moniz can just get a settled back four things could be turning around quite quickly, but a back four can take a few games to become settled.

Maybe we need a back 3/5

caj85 - 8/9/2015 08:43

It's close but even if we lose I won't be panicking just yet. We have the makings of a good team and if Moniz can just get a settled back four things could be turning around quite quickly, but a back four can take a few games to become settled.

Maybe we need a back 3/5

Well we are nowhere near a settled back four, or even 3.

uysapie - 8/9/2015 22:50

caj85 - 8/9/2015 08:43

Maybe we need a back 3/5

Well we are nowhere near a settled back four, or even 3.

I know, and rumours about Sheehan coming in on loan is going to add more uncertainty.

Could be a great atmosphere down the lane on Saturday, hopefully we can perform in front of our home support for once

At least it was an entertaining game with the right result, although the ref gave every impression of being biased.

Still, 3 points are most welcome.

Onward and upward.