The Austin MacPhee Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Austin MacPhee Thread

Been screaming for years now about our throw ins, and hallelujah we seem to have sorted them, amongst numerous other dead ball situations too. Great appointment.

Not sure about this set-piece coach mallarky. Defensively we look lost. Buendia on their man mountain guy today. The long throw into the box is embarrassing. Bailey today just about got the ball into the box. Laughable.

He's taken us backwards to the halcyon days of pulis at stoke, a towel a full back and a howitzer into the box hoping for a lucky bounce. Abysmal and desperate

Well, it was acceptable tactic today when we were down to 10 men. It was the only way we were going to score. A couple were really dangerous 2nd half . But no it’s not rocket science to do is it.

If you have someone who can actually get a dangerous long throw in then I don't see why you shouldn't do it. We've always been abysmal at creating opportunities from throw ins, going back decades. I'm not complaining when all of a sudden we can actually create a bit of danger from them.

We've plenty of actual problems to complain about.

I don't recall anyone complaining when Danny Ings scored against Newcastle, but happy to be corrected.

I never recall any Stoke fans complaining either with Rory Delap's throws . I can recall many Villa fans saying they'd stop going if Villa ever had Pulis or played like Stoke.

I always had the theory that Pulis would have won the Spanish league back in the days of the great Pep Barca team. Rory Delap, Peter Crouch, Andy Carrol and 7 big defenders.